Harley is getting a reward......

kdryan

PF Fanatic
Jan 2, 2009
Fort Wayne, In
We were having a bit of bad weather tonight here in sunny Florida. Who would have figured. It NEVER storms in Florida...:rolleyes: Olivia woke up and couldn't get back to sleep, so we gave her a cup of warm milk, let her watch a couple of cartoons and sent her back to bed. While kissing her good night again, there was a flash of lightning, a crack of thunder, and there was no chance of her going back to sleep.

So I put her in mommy and daddy's bed, went back to working on the computer and about 10 minutes later every light in the neighborhood went out. Of course, Olivia let out a yell and I couldn't find a flash light anywhere! I stumbled around for a few minutes trying to find a light using the glow from my cell phone and finally came up with a small lantern.

Now until then, Harley (our Black Lab puppy) had been sleeping on the couch, taking no notice of what went down. But when I finally found the lantern and went into the bedroom, there was Olivia with her arms around Harley's neck squeezing for all she was worth and he just sat there taking it with a little doggy grin. He had heard her and went in to make sure she was ok and hopped up on the bed to comfort her. Olivia and Harley have always been close, and he will do things for her he won't do for any of the rest of us. It was a nice little moment...

So tomorrow I think Harley will get a nice little something in his food dish or a new toy or whatever, just for looking out for Olivia.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
That is SO sweet. The bond between people and their pets is a beautiful thing. That's just so cute, what a good boy. :) Definitely give him something yummy, he deserves it!

sbattisti

PF Fanatic
Jun 14, 2010
We have a "mutt" tomcat named Wilbur. Like a lot of animals, I guess, he seems to have an uncanny knack for knowing when someone is upset. He's a loving cat in general, but if my 9-year old is upset, or hurt, or even if I'm just in a bad mood, he seems to appear instantaneously for pets and cuddles.

I love it, and it's consistent enough to be noticeable. Kinda weird. :)

kdryan

PF Fanatic
Jan 2, 2009
Fort Wayne, In
Well, for his trouble, Harley got a nice new softball to chew on today and is gnawing away to his little heart's content...