Have you read about this guy?...

bssage

Super Moderator
Oct 20, 2008
Iowa
It's not every day that a supermarket's refusal to print a child's name on a cake makes national news. Then again, it's not every day that we come across a 3-year-old named Adolf Hitler Campbell.
<URL url="http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/warren-county/index.ssf?/base/news-0/122923112231930.xml&amp;coll=3">

<I>The Express-Times</I>
explains:
Karen Meleta, a ShopRite spokeswoman, said the grocer tries to meet customer requests but rejects those deemed inappropriate. "We believe the request to inscribe a birthday wish to Adolf Hitler is inappropriate," she said.​

The grocer offered to make a cake with enough room for the Campbells to write their own inscription. But the Campbells refused, saying they would have a cake made at the Wal-Mart in Lower Nazareth Township. The Campbells say Wal-Mart made cakes for Adolf's first two birthdays.​

A spokeswoman for Wal-Mart said the store won't put anything illegal or profane on a cake but thinks it's important to respect the views of customers and employees. "Our No. 1 priority in decorating cakes is to serve the customer to the best of our ability," Anna Taylor, the spokeswoman, said from Bentonville, Ark.​
Young Adolf has two younger sisters. JoyceLynn Aryan Nation Campbell will be two in February, while an infant named after Heinrich Himmler turns 1 in April, according to the paper, which says they live in a house decorated with swastikas and other Nazi paraphernalia.
Forget about the other misreable aspects of what this is about. Those kids have to go through life with those names. I say it borders child abuse.:mad:

If a Mod thinks this is a better fit in the debate forum feel free to move it

Music-dad

PF Addict
Apr 22, 2008
Right here. Right now.
Wow....parental stupidity at it's finest.

I have heard of several Catholic Churches refusing to baptise "Damian"...which is retarded because (correct me if I'm wrong) the name was an invented character in the Omen series...It's not like the kids name is Lucifer or Satan.

Is there any religeous history to the name Damian?

Dadu2004

PF Visionary
May 16, 2008
Cleveland, OH
We'll leave it here for now, unless it turns into a debate.

A friend of my fiancee is pregnant, and they are insistent upon making his initials A-S-S. They think it's hilarious, I think it's ridiculous. Do people even think about what the child will go through when they get older?...the teasing that they will have to deal with?...the personal humiliation?

bssage

Super Moderator
Oct 20, 2008
Iowa
and now this guy is going to be famous. The quote I pasted is from USA today. But I think every major news org has been headlining this for the last couple of days

Music-dad

PF Addict
Apr 22, 2008
Right here. Right now.
bssage said:
and now this guy is going to be famous. The quote I pasted is from USA today. But I think every major news org has been headlining this for the last couple of days
Yes, but he'll be famous for being a jerk.

I'm sure he's already had his share of behooved people.

ElliottCarasDad

PF Addict
Sep 10, 2008
Iowa
Dadu2004 said:
We'll leave it here for now, unless it turns into a debate.

A friend of my fiancee is pregnant, and they are insistent upon making his initials A-S-S. They think it's hilarious, I think it's ridiculous. Do people even think about what the child will go through when they get older?...the teasing that they will have to deal with?...the personal humiliation?
My sister-in-law whose last name is Koehler is having a girl, but before they found out the sex of the baby they told us that if it was a boy they were going to name him from relative's names, Francis Ulrich Charles. I said "your kidding right?" She's like "No, why?" I said "Look at what his initials are gonna be, ya dorks!"

Music-dad

PF Addict
Apr 22, 2008
Right here. Right now.
ElliottCarasDad said:
My sister-in-law whose last name is Koehler is having a girl, but before they found out the sex of the baby they told us that if it was a boy they were going to name him from relative's names, Francis Ulrich Charles. I said "your kidding right?" She's like "No, why?" I said "Look at what his initials are gonna be, ya dorks!"
Hahahaha....that's funny.

Always check the acronym...we had 2 political parties merge years ago, the Conservative Party, and the Reform Party.

They decided on the Canadian - Conservative Reform Alliance Party

or C-CRAP

No one noticed until the press got wind of it - hahahaha

ElliottCarasDad

PF Addict
Sep 10, 2008
Iowa
lol, They could merge both of ours and call it CRAP also, just wouldn't be an acronym......Well maybe it could, they could call it BIG C.R.A.P.

BIG Companies Raping America Party!

NinJaBob

PF Addict
Sep 29, 2008
Ohio
Mrs. Philbilly and I were gonna have our Wedding album monogrammed With our last inital "R" in the middle and our first initial on either side but then it would have hav to be pRv or vRp either way it looked bad so we scrapped it.

mom2many

Super Moderator
Jul 3, 2008
melba, Idaho
That really is awfull, a good friend of our's last name is Cupp, spell it out, remember that from school? makes me laugh everytime I spell it.

As a funny side note when we were having our first son and trying to come up with names, my husband through out there Lee Harvey, I was like "that's not bad," and he is looking at me like I grew another head, so I ask "what?", he says "put it togather with our last name".....Our last name is Oswald. I can be very slow, good thing he corrected me cause the poor kid might have ended up with it before I caught on :).

Dadu2004

PF Visionary
May 16, 2008
Cleveland, OH
See? At least you think about these things and what the kids might think. It drives me nuts when parents name their kids stuff for their own personal amusement not thinking about the consequences for the kids years down the road.

NinJaBob

PF Addict
Sep 29, 2008
Ohio
Dadu2004 said:
See? At least you think about these things and what the kids might think. It drives me nuts when parents name their kids stuff for their own personal amusement not thinking about the consequences for the kids years down the road.
My Urologist's name is Dick Tapper....true story :biglaugh:

Music-dad

PF Addict
Apr 22, 2008
Right here. Right now.
PhilBilly said:
My Urologist's name is Dick Tapper....true story :biglaugh:
A bud of mine is a Chiropractor...Kelly Kramp

And who can forget when David Letterman, found Dick Assman in the NY phonebook......and called him.

And the very famous Texan: Ima Hogg

Father_0f_7

PF Addict
Aug 19, 2008
F.I., Florida
My name isnt as bad as anything mentioned on here (Seir Tyler Christian Cardarr) first name sounds like "Sears" without the last "s" and last name sounds like "Carter".

Only real problems I had was the two middle names...kids would come up to me and usually make fun of my parents because "they weren't smart enough to pick just one". Every once in a while someone would make fun of my first name but then I would beat the crap out of them so it didnt last for long.

By the Way...my first name is my grandmother's maiden name.

Music-dad

PF Addict
Apr 22, 2008
Right here. Right now.
We've all been had...

If you look a little further into this story you'll notice that this family has 2 other kids: JoyceLynn Aryan Nation Campbell and his youngest Honszlynn Hinler Jeannie Campbell (which is apparently redneck for Heinrich Himmler).

As well...the exact same family was refused a cake 3 years ago FROM THE SAME STORE!

Threads like this are exactly what they wanted, they are simply looking for a medium in which to spread their hate.

Think about this...when have you ever had a cake made for your child using the full name....had they wanted "Happy Birthday Adolf", there would be no issue what-so-ever.

I say, we collectively agree they're jerks...and end it.

bssage

Super Moderator
Oct 20, 2008
Iowa
Your right MD but my point wasnt the obvoius PC. I think it borders on abuse. This guys motives were obviously self promotion but at what price?

AmyBelle

PF Fiend
Apr 20, 2008
Australia
And when little Adolf heads off to school, everyone will know him, and his parents, and why he coundlt get his name on a cake.
If he went just as little Adolf, chances are not many kids would have made the correlation between his name and something bad, now...