Have you seen this theory.....

TabascoNatalie

PF Addict
Jun 1, 2009
England and somewhere else
yes.
then i saw the video i forwarded on here.

what do i think... we cannot believe anybody.
1) tragedies like that are very likely to breed conspiracy theories.
2) people got enough crap from mainstream/corporate media well enouh
3)gun control -- it takes a major shock for people to turn back on their constitutional right...

but i don't want to discuss it on here. parenting forum isn't really an appropriate place.

mom2many

Super Moderator
Jul 3, 2008
melba, Idaho
I'll disagree that a parenting forum isn't the place for this topic. let's say for one millisecond that I believed this theory.

If that were the case that would mean that my children are being used in a game, as a parent if that was the case then other parents should be made aware that the government was basically killing off innocent children to prove a point.

Common you can not say that a parenting site isn't the place for it.

TabascoNatalie

PF Addict
Jun 1, 2009
since most of us here have kids similar age to victims... it thought speculating on conspiracy theories MAY be seen as offensive. well, i'm a bit paranoid...

as for govenment... i believe all authority and leadership is susipcious

cybele

PF Addict
Feb 27, 2012
Australia
That's one of the most ridiculous things ever. This theory came from an interview with a child?

Ahh yes, small children, always reliable witnesses.

bssage

Super Moderator
Oct 20, 2008
Iowa
I think most things we feel like debating are fair game on the debating forum.

Cybele: The way I read the story. Was that the inconsistency or lack of good questions. Involving the kid. Was the spark for the bloggers investigation. Not that it was the foundation for it.

I have always been hesitant when it come to conspiracy theories.

It has just been my experience that it is difficult at best. To get a large group of people on the same page. Especially when that group involves people from varying walks of life. And even more so when it would involve keeping a long term secret.

I'm not saying it has never been done. Nor that its not possible. Just that when you think of the sheer number of people directly involved in this. Govt, Hospital's, LEO's, First Responders, Family, Close friends of family, Then you throw into that mix children siblings ect ect... I think even with the best of intentions. It would be incredible to get a complete concerted effort at misdirection.

bssage

Super Moderator
Oct 20, 2008
Iowa
TabascoNatalie said:
multinational military corporations... their drones killing dozens of children.
wouldn't they sacrifice a few white middle-class children to prove whatever they are working for?

I cant argue that. But I have a difficult time buying that local law enforcement hospitals ect would keep quite about details. That piece of the puzzle just doesn't fit for me.

cybele

PF Addict
Feb 27, 2012
Australia
bssage said:
Cybele: The way I read the story. Was that the inconsistency or lack of good questions. Involving the kid. Was the spark for the bloggers investigation. Not that it was the foundation for it.
I don't find that strange at all, it's probably just me, but I don't find it odd that the questions asked to a child would differ from what would be asked to an adult. There is also much more simple explanations, like the interviewer wasn't familiar with kids, so was more careful about her questions, and it just ended up sounding weird.

Call me too trusting or whatever, but I think that the whole conspiracy theory is so far-fetched, also what Bryan said, too many people are involved for this to be kept quiet if it were the case.

mom2many

Super Moderator
Jul 3, 2008
melba, Idaho
I'm more likely to believe a conspiracy theory when it comes to 9/11 the I am this.

I just can't see a hodge podge of information being a big sign for a conspiracy.

TabascoNatalie

PF Addict
Jun 1, 2009
cybele said:
Ahh yes, small children, always reliable witnesses.
No offense, but this is the reason why child abuse continues. UK is still trying to recover from Savile scandal :arghh: and yes, he said things to his victims - i'm a celebrity and you are nothing. I really don't want to go into it since it is extremely disgusting. But YES, we should believe child witnesses.

mom2many

Super Moderator
Jul 3, 2008
melba, Idaho
TabascoNatalie said:
No offense, but this is the reason why child abuse continues. UK is still trying to recover from Savile scandal :arghh: and yes, he said things to his victims - i'm a celebrity and you are nothing. I really don't want to go into it since it is extremely disgusting. But YES, we should believe child witnesses.
Even adults aren't the most reliable witnesses, and no one is on their game right after something that tragic.

When I was robbed at gun point, there were many things that didn't come back to me till a few days even a week or so later.

cybele

PF Addict
Feb 27, 2012
Australia
TabascoNatalie said:
You're comparing apples to oranges here.

No one is doubting this happened, that is the issue with child abuse, children don't talk, or if they do, they are not believed.

No one is doubting the shooting happened, no one is doubting this boy witnessed the shooting, what we need to be aware of though is that following a trauma no one remembered crystal clear what happened, this is even harder for a child, and to recall details to a stranger with cameras in his face is even harder, and if the expectation is put on a child that he must be the beacon of knowledge as to what went on, then, depending on the child and his will to please, you are likely to get strange variations in his version of the story.

akmom

PF Fiend
May 22, 2012
United States
I too am curious how the details got so convoluted that first day, with the shooter's mother reported as one of the teachers. And it's frustrating not to get all the details. But I have to wonder why the kid thought there were two gunmen. Is it because he saw them together? Could he have just seen another adult in the vicinity who was unarmed? Maybe a police officer much later? Or maybe the shooter removed some type of apparel and he saw him twice, but assumed it was a different person the second time. Maybe the body in the woods was the sole shooter. Maybe they were confusing the location of additional weapons with details from the Aurora theatre shooting. It would definitely be nice to know. It's been almost a month.

The small arms treaty conspiracy is a little over-the-top. The rumor that both the Aurora and Newton shooters' fathers are testifying has been debunked. But I can believe that a lot of details are being hidden, and it would be nice to know why. Or at least hear a credible explanation for what caused the initial confusion.

singledad

PF Addict
Oct 26, 2009
South Africa
There is still one question that I really, really want an answer for:
Why did he shoot his mother?

One: The vast majority of children who kill their parents:

<LIST>

• <LI>
  • Have suffered sustained abuse for many years</LI>
    <LI>
  • Have tried to get help multiple times</LI>
    <LI>
  • Believed that their parents would eventually kill them</LI>
    <LI>
  • Saw no other way to escape from the abuse, alive.</LI>
</LIST>
(I can't put my hands on the document I get that from right now, but if anyone wants proof, I'll put some effort into finding it again).

Two: Some reports say he suffered from a personality disorder, without say which one. At least one personality disorder (borderline) is known to have an extremely strong correlation with early childhood abuse, especially sexual abuse, and/or abandonment.

Three: Institutions like schools (or churches/sports programs/boy scouts/...) are notorious for covering up child-abuse scandals rather than have their reputations damaged.

Adam Lanza, it appears, did at some point attend Sandy Hook.

Caveat: He is, however, a few years older than the general profile of the abused child who kills. I don't know. I just don't freaking know.

Four: Why is it so hard to get any conclusive information for what happened? Is someone hiding something (still) or is it just simply confusing to everyone, including law enforcement?

I don't want to jump to the wrong conclusions, but the dots are there, begging to be connected, and they're driving me crazy!

What the hell happened? :arghh:

bssage

Super Moderator
Oct 20, 2008
Iowa
I think how we got the misinformation and now the lack of information has been kinda obvious. I believe the two are linked together.

During the initial tragedy the amount of misinformation created by the press goal of being "first" was obscene. They clearly were reporting unsubstantiated things without taking any real responsibility.

This I believe resulted in public outrage and official warnings. This in turn has caused both the press to be a little more cautious and the officials not piece mealing information.

The end result of that is the press not addressing or admitting fault with the original misinformation. And new information being restricted waiting for official releases.

Just a theory.

TabascoNatalie

PF Addict
Jun 1, 2009
Yes, that makes sense, but I think we will never learn about what truly hapened.
1. Mother was said to be a teacher or a volunteer at the school -- now turns out she wasn't.
2. Adam Lanza was said to have attended that school -- now that he wasn't.
3. It was said that a day before Adam Lanza was involved in a scuffle at that school with employees -- now that nobody had seen him before.

All the ends into the water...
Main question - what was the motive?

cybele

PF Addict
Feb 27, 2012
Australia
I understand that the world wants answers, however the only person who knows the motive is Adam Lanza, so the only thing the media can do is speculate, which is how we ended up with so many stories that were proven false.

Chances are, we will never know the true motivation, and even if we think we have come to the right answer, there is always a good chance that the "right answer" might be wrong all along.

There's nothing we can do about that and we need to accept that we will probably never know.

bssage

Super Moderator
Oct 20, 2008
Iowa
I agree.

And I think that the press has mucked it up to the point. That there will always be some level of doubt when it comes to the events of Sandy Hook.