Healthy Recipes :)...

JessicaMadison

PF Enthusiast
Dec 27, 2008
Hi everyone. I haven't been around too much lately but it's good to be back. Bare with me here, I'm extremely tired. My son is really sick. And so is my husband. And guess what, my daughter just called and she's coming home now too because now she's sick too. Must be something going around at the high school. The only ones that aren't sick yet are Alexis and I. She'll probably be sick before I know it as well. I'm frustrated with it all. I can't get sick! I'm going to be keeping Hunter, Bailey and Jace in some kind of quarantine for the next few days haha! It's pretty scary though. Hunter never gets sick. But when he does it's bad. He get's sick like once every 3 years. I'm going to take him to the ER tonight if he's not better. He needs some fluids and he's not wanting to drink. He might have to get an I.V. Sorry I'm babbling here, I'm just really frustrated. I'm tired, and just don't want to get sick but want to take care of my family.

I'm not a great cook. My husband usually does the cooking but since he's sick he doesn't even want to get out of bed. I want to make a really healthy chicken noodle soup tonight. And I don't want to make it out of the can. I want to make some homemade stuff. But I don't know where to start. I'm not a bad cook, just not good either. Even any kind of really healthy meal tonight would be great. I promise I won't tell your secret recipes. :) God, I'm so dumb. Please help me. You think being a nurse I would be able to handle this but I'm frantic just because I'm worried about me getting sick because I'm pregnant. Thank you guys. It doesn't even have to be chicken noodle soup... Just anything really healthy! Something that won't irritate their stomachs. Or mine. :confused: Thanks guys, your the best, really.

Dadu2004

PF Visionary
May 16, 2008
Cleveland, OH
You don't have to do much with chicken soup...if you have chicken broth, dump a couple of cans in a pot and get it boiling. Add some egg noodles (or any noodles really) and let them boil for a few minutes. Then add in some celery, chopped carrots, and anything else you want. If you don't have chicken broth, you can use water with chicken boullian.

You can also add chunks of chicken, but make sure you cook those separately and thoroughly.