Heart of stone...

Jeena Farser

Apr 10, 2012
london
Hello board.

I used to have a problem with my children which is I always wanted to make my best to keep them smiling and when they wanted something I could never say no. It's like we were going to the supermarket and they saw toys and such things and they asked for them and I couldn't resist. My kids are almost grown today and they are a bit capricious. Sometimes I get remarks from other moms, kind of 'they are lovely but you spoiled them a bit didn't you ?' I know this sounds lame but I'm worried I have spoiled my kids. Do you think they can still learn from life not everything is free ?

cybele

PF Addict
Feb 27, 2012
Australia
I hate it when other people make comments like that, and often its completely unfounded.

Do they function well in society? Do they have healthy friendships and relationships? Are they working towards life goals? Do they have good manners and are respectful? Are they responsible?

If the answers to these are yes, then just flick off what others are saying.

Jeena Farser

Apr 10, 2012
london
Hi Cybele. Thanks for your answer.

It is difficult to say how they cope with society as they manage to separate their lives with my life. I try to come up with ideas like 'hey how about we make your birthday at home' but they always turn me down and I don't get to see their friends that much. The only thing I can say is the school principal never called me saying 'your boy is involved in fights :(' but that's all I know