Hello All! -- Children's Activities Question...

aliciajonas783

Nov 21, 2014
Hello fellow parents!

I'm new to this forum but super excited to be here! My name is Alicia and I've recently moved to a new town in New Jersey with my 11 year old son and 5 year old daughter. I'm looking to put both of my children into some sort of activities/classes. My son loves sports and general learning and I'd like to start my daughter in early childhood development classes. So I'm in the market for classes in my area (or online for my son).

Where do you guys typically search for these types of activities? Google? Facebook? I'm not quite sure where to begin. When you find classes you are interested in, how do you find reviews or know whether they are reputable?

Any insight would be fantastic! I'm going crazy googling this stuff :)

Wickett

Community Admin
Aug 1, 2014
East Central U.S.
Hi Alicia, welcome to the forum! Unfortunately I'm not really sure how to help you out with this. Never have done anything like this personally. There are others here who may be able to give you a hand though. :)

aliciajonas783

Nov 21, 2014
Hi Wickett!

It was great to find these forums. I've learned a lot reading through threads. So you haven't had to find activities for your kids in the past?

page16

PF Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2014
Hi Alicia, welcome!

What I would do is make conversation when you see other people with kids (e.g. at the local grocery store, etc...), and ask them. They would know and would be able to tell you what kind of activities there are in town. You can also ask at local restaurants, or any business you go to.

Groggy1

Nov 5, 2014
Heya,

Call the local school to talk to the counselors for the information or links to the opportunities in your area.

singledad

PF Addict
Oct 26, 2009
South Africa
Have you tried a simple google search? That is how I found a club when my daughter started with gymnastics. Google for classes in your area, and then google the specific classes to find references...