Hello everyone...

jmillwood

Feb 9, 2012
California
&lt;r&gt;&lt;SIZE size="2"&gt;&lt;s&gt;<SIZE size="100">&lt;/s&gt;My name is Janine, and I’m new to the world of forums, at least for parenting issues. I have had questions in the past and I probably would have benefitted from some different perspectives. I have managed to get through those issues with some advice from my girlfriends, but I would like to make some friends who may have a different viewpoint for future issues.&lt;e&gt;</SIZE>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/SIZE&gt;&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;SIZE size="2"&gt;&lt;s&gt;<SIZE size="100">&lt;/s&gt;My kids tell me that I am completely out of touch with what’s ‘cool’ etc, and I thought it would be beneficial to bounce ideas off others who have gone through what I’m going through. Maybe I’m not the only ‘uncool’ mother out there. It can all be overwhelming since I don’t have a partner to help.&lt;e&gt;</SIZE>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/SIZE&gt;&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;SIZE size="2"&gt;&lt;s&gt;<SIZE size="100">&lt;/s&gt;I have a 16 year old son, Brandon. His grades have been pretty good and I have to say he’s been a charm to raise. No real discipline problems with Brandon. He wrestles for his high school and plays football as well.&lt;e&gt;</SIZE>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/SIZE&gt;&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;SIZE size="2"&gt;&lt;s&gt;<SIZE size="100">&lt;/s&gt;My daughter, Kelly, is 14 years old, and is itching to get behind the wheel of a car. She plays volleyball, is a cheerleader, and her grades have been excellent. I have to say she listens to me even if it is with an eye-roll and an OMG.&lt;e&gt;</SIZE>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/SIZE&gt;&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;SIZE size="2"&gt;&lt;s&gt;<SIZE size="100">&lt;/s&gt;As for me, I am 45 and divorced. My husband is no longer in our lives. I enjoy painting when I can find time. I find exercise to be a great form of releasing stress.&lt;e&gt;</SIZE>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/SIZE&gt;&lt;br/&gt;
I look forward to talking with you!&lt;/r&gt;

GeekyOwl

PF Regular
Feb 12, 2012
Pennsylvania
Hello, Janine! Welcome to the forum! I am also new here. I have a 5 year old boy and a 4 year old girl. Their father and I broke up in August of 2011 after being together for 7 years. He hasn't really been in their lives since we broke up. He sees them about once a month. Anyway, I hope this forum proves to be beneficial for you. :) Have a wonderful day.

jmillwood

Feb 9, 2012
California
GeekyOwl said:
Hello, Janine! Welcome to the forum! I am also new here. I have a 5 year old boy and a 4 year old girl. Their father and I broke up in August of 2011 after being together for 7 years. He hasn't really been in their lives since we broke up. He sees them about once a month. Anyway, I hope this forum proves to be beneficial for you. :) Have a wonderful day.
Hello GeekyOwl. Thanks for the welcome. I don't get on the forum very often, so please forgive my late reply. It seems we have a few things in common. I hope to correspond with you often. J.