Hello...

Dagwood

PF Regular
Apr 23, 2011
Ontario
Hi.

I'm a 52-year-old father with a 21-year-old son, a 19-year-old daughter and a 12-year-old daughter.

First of all, let me say that I have a great family and great kids. I think it is important to state that up front, because I have quite a few areas where I would like to ask advice and sometimes that can come across as being negative.

I've been laid off from work (looks like the company I worked for is going under) for about 7 months and that has been causing some adjustments to our family-life. I'm currently searching for new work, but I'm in a very niche field that is becoming obsolete due to outsourcing to other countries. Also my age doesn't help.

Of course, the budget is tighter but we are fairly frugal and I'm pretty good with investing so we are fortunate to better off than many in this situation. The biggest adjustment, family-wise, seems to involve me taking over many of the household jobs. I'll be asking for advice in this area later.

Anyway, that's it in a nutshell. I better stop before I bore anyone. :)

stjohnjulie

PF Addict
Aug 9, 2010
St. John, VI
Welcome! My name is Julie and I have two sons, one who will be 10 in June and the other is just 4 months old. I also have a wonderful husband. Looking forward to getting to know you better!