Help! Father to be...

taiype

May 3, 2008
Miami, FL
I need help seeing that I have no real father figure.

I am a father to be, my child is to be born in Nov 15. I feel distant to my fiance seeing that she moved to her parents house in Colorado Springs, Co and I am living in Miami, Fl. I feel desperate... I am looking for a job in Colorado, and nothing is happening with that. I cannot leave Miami right now because I make 23 an hour here and we cannot afford what she makes to cover everything. I already paid the 10% for the whole birth, and fear how much the sonogram is and as well how much a c-sarian might cost.

I want to be with my fiance, I want to be part of this life to be.. However I feel financially trapped. What can I do?

Thank you,
Ulises

Music-dad

PF Addict
Apr 22, 2008
Right here. Right now.
Hey, welcome...I feel for ya bud...you came to the right place. Great support line here.

I really wish the US had free health care like we do up here...I think my little girl's birth cost me like $10, and that was just gas for the car.

We'll you're making ok money where you are, but if I were you I would so want to be there in the final 2-3 months at least. Maybe someone here will be able to help.

Hope you stick around.

taiype

May 3, 2008
Miami, FL
Music-dad said:
Hey, welcome...I feel for ya bud...you came to the right place. Great support line here.

I really wish the US had free health care like we do up here...I think my little girl's birth cost me like $10, and that was just gas for the car.

We'll you're making ok money where you are, but if I were you I would so want to be there in the final 2-3 months at least. Maybe someone here will be able to help.

Hope you stick around.

Thank you so much! Oh I am here, surely once all this is taken care of. I would need help with learning about what to feed my child and etc

Music-dad

PF Addict
Apr 22, 2008
Right here. Right now.
You're welcome.... I've been here for about a week and a half, it's a great place, and I think everyone here is wonderful. You will get more info than you'll ever need to know.

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
that is tough. All I can suggest is keep trying and keep applying for jobs in the area she is in. Why is she there though? Why doesn't she move down to where you are?

taiype

May 3, 2008
Miami, FL
Kaytee said:
that is tough. All I can suggest is keep trying and keep applying for jobs in the area she is in. Why is she there though? Why doesn't she move down to where you are?
Her family is all there, and thus she wanted to be with them for this..

taiype

May 3, 2008
Miami, FL
Music-dad said:
You're welcome.... I've been here for about a week and a half, it's a great place, and I think everyone here is wonderful. You will get more info than you'll ever need to know.
Thanks once again!

Pouncy

May 28, 2008
Portland, Oregon
I'm just glad you are so excited about being a father. It sounds like you are making a good amount of money right now, but I can understand trying to save and move to a new place while covering your current expenses can be very difficult.
Do you have anything in savings? Is there any way her family can help you get out there?
You may just have to buy a plane ticket and get out there. It would be rough, but you'd be together and the job hunting would go a lot faster.
It's a tight spot. I hope something opens up for you soon!