Helping kids stay active...

amoss

Mar 1, 2013
Check out the article I wrote to help your children stay active as they grow up. These are some simple tips and ideas that I have picked up over my years of teaching experience that might help your family stay healthy. Enjoy!!

http://www.helium.com/items/2382707-how-to-keep-children-active-as-they-grow-up[/url]

-Aleksa

Adrian699

Mar 13, 2013
Kids should know the importance of exercise at an early age itself. Teach kids few basic workouts that can be done at home. An exercise routine that features walking or swimming can help children to handle these activities on a regular basis. As they grow up, these routines will normally form a part of their life.

Last edited by a moderator:

jollysmith123

Banned
Jun 5, 2012
La Quinta,CA
Nice Article! I think parents have to make major role in making their kids active by involving them to more outdoor games than just limiting them to indoor games. A kid can be made active and physically fit by involving them to regular physical exercise.

momandmore

PF Enthusiast
Feb 18, 2013
My older kids stay pretty active since I have cut their video game time. I put on some music and have the younger ones move their feet and arms with me..lol.. we call it our silly dance =) Will def be reading your article for more tips! Thanks so much for posting this!

Gerry

Banned
Apr 8, 2013
Lovely impression at all..!! Kids need parents care. They help them in maintaining health and fitness. Kids should eat healthy diet and do some physical activity.

scarletjones

Banned
Apr 10, 2013
California
Giving a chance for a child to create something keeps him active,they can join art classes to define the artist in them a great effort required still rest are awesome.

momandmore

PF Enthusiast
Feb 18, 2013
This is a great topic. As some of you know, I have a 6yo SD whom is a bit on the big side. I'm trying to do everything I can to help her. She now loves fruit and some veggies. She didn't know you could have certain raw veggies as a snack!! She hasn't gained any wight in the las 6 months but is getting taller :)

On the staying active part, I totally agree it is very important. We try to have what we call "dance party" at least two to three times a week. I put on some catchy music (age appropriate, of course) and I dance with them. I always remind her to keep those feet moving.

She wants to be a cheerleader so bad, so I'm trying to get her our of the "two left feet" stage..lol. She even told BM she was a cheerleader and she believed it for about 6 months. IDK how b/c cheerleading tryouts are way early and she would have known.
Anyways, I want her to feel confident about herself. She is aware of her weight and she can't help it. She eats her feelings, so to speak. So it's more of an emotional/psychological thing for her.
SHe's doing so much better and I'm so proud of her. Sorry I'm babbling:eek:
Thank you for posting this. Great topic!

Wiktor9

Feb 6, 2013
This is very important topic, We should seriously devote attention on child behavior and their physical activities. To keep children happy and active, They should be indulge in physical activities and brain exercise games.

SheilaOcean

Banned
Oct 8, 2009
Live in Sunny California
making exercise a "normal" part of daily life is important, like after school sports, or making the kids go out and play in the grass, toss a ball, or walk the dog...it doesnt have to be "working out" for an hour...making it play time is better...

youngsteve

Dec 3, 2013
Havana
There are several ways to make our children more active and effective. The way includes in different format such as diet, exercise and behavior. Basically due to lack of physical exercise and right diet our children were suffering from various problems. So to boost their brain power we need to follow serious steps.

dereck

Jan 7, 2014
Austrilia
Hello amoss to keep children fit and healthy we should always be more happy, they should always be more aware of the different exercise they should be doing to stay fit and last but not the least they should always have a good diet which is not in high calorific in nature. :)

dannycraw4rd

PF Regular
May 30, 2014
I just take a look of the article's link which is posted in the started post of this thread, It's just great. I appreciate the useful sharing.

Last edited:

MargStone

Jul 8, 2014
Nice article....... I will send the link to my daughter who have a 5 year old son and 3 year old daughter. This will really help her.