he's left

elli grace

Mar 21, 2021
I'm 15 and writing this post beause it helps me to put things into perspective. If you want to tell me I'm 'too young' and 'stupid' you're one of many.

I knew I wanted a a two parent family for my future child. I had envisioned us all together having a joyful time. He tried to tell me it would happen cos he wanted it too. But I knew it was quite unrealistic of me.

My now ex (16) would give me inconsistent breadrumbs of love and affection. It hurt me especially when he wouldn't. But when he did it made me feel so warm. We were LDR and he had told me I'd get way more love and affection in person. And I did. I found myself getting frustrated at him and even angry. For most of the time to have not felt cared about. I had given him a list of expectations. He didn't follow them. They weren't unreasonable. Virtual snuggles and morning/night messages, just nice things. He's online a lot so I knew it wouldn't be an issue. So I would start arguments everyday. According to him he didn't understand (he still doesn't). And we've gotten back together more times than I can remember in just a few months.

Over not much time at all I've come to hate him and he's aware of it because I made sure he knew. I'd said hurtful things, I feel really bad for that, I knew better. There are things he shouldn't have done and said to and about me in the past as my then boyfriend that left me feeling deeply hurt and betrayed. It was the reason for my behaviour but I still know it was unnacceptable. He's always had a reason for betraying. I never forgave him tho. And things kept piling on and I lost my will to live

He'd then say horrible things about himself then he'd leave me to worry all day and night or longer and then come back like nothing happened.

He said he'll come back to me in the future once he's improved himself. I've been going through a lot lately and I wanted him there for me but yet again he has an excuse to leave me to suffer alone. Which was how I worked out I couldn't possibly have a child together in the future. Which is typical. And I've found myself deeply hurt again

He's blocked me and I have blocked him and deleted my accounts. He has no way to contact me if he wanted to unless he remembered my address and he doesn't.

Moonstone

Nov 9, 2020
USA
Hi Elli,

I'm 30 and didn't have my first boyfriend until I was 17. I also never wanted kids until I was much older and already in an established relationship so feel free to take any advice I have for you with a grain of salt. After all, I don't understand what it feels like to want to start a family at this already volatile time in your life. That said, I do still have some experience.

I think it's great that you've blocked him. A wise friend once told me "judge a relationship by the bad times because anyone can get along during the good times". Everyone needs someone who can support them when they're down and it's important to know that support system will be there when the down times DO come.

While you didn't really mention it try to keep in mind not to look for "Mr. Perfect". Maybe think of it more as "Mr. Perfect for ME" - everyone has flaws but if you can find someone whose flaws mesh with yours (maybe they joke a lot and don't seem to take things seriously but they can always cheer you up when you're feeling down) You said it yourself, too, you're still young, and so are the guys you're pursuing. Heck, even a 20 year old guy is still REALLY young! At 30 I still feel like my husband and I have a lot of growing up to do. Keep that in mind when you're taking your partner's personality into account - there's still time for BOTH of you to grow and change.

Also, I don't think having ultimatums (morning/night messages, virtual snuggles,etc) is a great idea. Your future partner should want to do those things without you asking for them but keep in mind it might take some time for him to want to do those things. While you might want to do them straight away, and more power to you if you do (unless he says it's too much but then you reassess your relationship if that's the case) he might need to take some time to get to sort out his feelings for you. Some people fall in love fast and some don't.

If this next question is too much I won't take offense at you not answering it.

How do you feel about yourself? For example, do you feel like you NEED someone to be with, even if it's not an ideal match, or are you confident being alone and waiting until a relationship feels right? There's no wrong answer. I'm just curious about your current state of mind.