hey guys...

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
I really don't care who it is Jtee...I think my main feeling is that things went really crazy while I was gone and nobody but the members feel I should know anything that happened. There isn't a single thread that I can find anywhere to explain any of this to me so I guess I am just very confused.

jtee

Banned
Jun 24, 2007
fallon said:
There isn't a single thread that I can find anywhere to explain any of this to me so I guess I am just very confused.
Fallon, can you narrowed it down to what you are currently confused about? I know in general terms, but can you elaborate further. :)

There has no intentional effort to keep you out of the loop. It it happened, please accept my apologies.

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
somethin pretty major had to have happened for such a huge # of regular members to have joined another forum...I guess I can't seem to figure out what exactly that might have been

jtee

Banned
Jun 24, 2007
fallon said:
I really don't care who it is Jtee...
This concerns me, because you had asked about it in a previous post. By posting it here, it does suggested I was involved in trolling activities in another parenting forum. I want to makes sure this issue is clear up to your satisfaction. If you privately have doubts or do believe OWK is me, you need to verify beyond all doubt because I am moderator of this forum.

Thx :)

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
it does suggest that you did this, but if you didn't that's fine too. we are all adults here and I thought you should know that this issues had been brought to me...just like I thought you should know that a member with the same IP as you had been harrassing members. In the end I don't really care if it was or wasn't you...only that the members of this forum are going nuts thinking you're harassing them and posting comments on other forums and here under a different user name. I don't know you personally so I have no idea if these things are something you are capable of

jtee

Banned
Jun 24, 2007
fallon said:
somethin pretty major had to have happened for such a huge # of regular members to have joined another forum...I guess I can't seem to figure out what exactly that might have been
OK, It is not as big as deal as it might seem, but I do share your concern.

Fooser was banned because he continued to do the same stuff. We don't need to rehash that. It just the same stuff. Lissa got upset that Fooser was banned.

Lissa got upset with Kaytee and I for stating, without pointing fingers, that we can't have parents in this forum going around suggesting other parents are pedophiles. She got extreme upset with both of us and gave us bad rep, posted public message that broke several our guidelines, updated her profile promoting another parenting forum (JUP). I did not ban her immediately, I waited over 24 hours to see if she would cool down, but she did not. She came back the next day sending out several invition to members of this forum inviting them to come ot JUP. That was when I banned lissa. Thus, only two people have been banned, Fooser and Lissa.

Fooser and Lissa are both trolls. They enjoy causing disruption.

Hopes this helps somewhat. Sorry that you are having to play catch-up, I know it is hard to do. :)

jtee

Banned
Jun 24, 2007
fallon said:
it does suggest that you did this, but if you didn't that's fine too. we are all adults here and I thought you should know that this issues had been brought to me...just like I thought you should know that a member with the same IP as you had been harrassing members. In the end I don't really care if it was or wasn't you...only that the members of this forum are going nuts thinking you're harassing them and posting comments on other forums and here under a different user name. I don't know you personally so I have no idea if these things are something you are capable of
Fallon,

If I, or other members of this forum, suspected that you or Kaytee were OWF at JUP. As a moderator, I would feel the need to find out. Once I found out the truth, I could address it effectively. If it was you or Kaytee, I would deal with it privately, and if it wasn't (which I know 100% you/kaytee aren't), then I could tell parents of this forum that neither of you or Kaytee were OWK. As it stands now, you do seem to beleive that I am OWK, or there is a good possibily, thus you can not tell members of this forum otherwise. If you knew, then you could confidently respond to members of this forum. The modators & owner of JUP knows it is not me.

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
I'm fine with that jtee, none of this clears up for me though why a large # of very loyal members are now spending their time at another forum

jtee

Banned
Jun 24, 2007
fallon said:
I'm fine with that jtee, none of this clears up for me though why a large # of very loyal members are now spending their time at another forum
I look at it as being members of both forums and I am fine with it. As you can see for yourself, many they are still posting here. We do have value to offer that JUP forum does not, and for that reason they will continue to be active members here.

Fooser and Lissa have found a new home, their friends can play with them there.

Once you get caught up on how JUP forum is managed, you will see they have no tollerance for Fooser and Lissa screwing around. I am for fun here too, but not when members screw with moderation team constantly or screw with parents who want to be left alone. These two are trolls. They know they were trolling here, and they knew sooner or later they would be banned for it.

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
Wow I missed a lot today and kinda thankful fo rit.

I will say that I don't agree with Jtee 100% of the time. That would be silly if I did. However I do back up the decsion to ban Fooser and Lissa. Even MM is much easier to deal with now then she was.

This is a simple to solve issue, in my opinion. Does this site need to be member guided or not. Member guided means whatever the majority wants goes. Me personally if that is how it is ran that I do not want to be a part of it. I am not going to sit back and allow members to do what they feel jsut becuase they are active and "friends". I prefer a site where people feel safe and welcome. There are many sites like that and I will go there if that is what it takes.

Sirk

Your Forum Mom
Apr 1, 2008
Kaytee said:
This is a simple to solve issue, in my opinion. Does this site need to be member guided or not. Member guided means whatever the majority wants goes. Me personally if that is how it is ran that I do not want to be a part of it. I am not going to sit back and allow members to do what they feel jsut becuase they are active and "friends". I prefer a site where people feel safe and welcome. There are many sites like that and I will go there if that is what it takes.
And not member guided means what?
Whatever the mods want? Whatever the owner wants? Who's wants triumph?

We would never put anyone's safety in jeopardy, even if it's what the majority wanted. And I'm here because of reports that people were being run off. I don't think they felt very welcome.

Of course you're free to leave and go to whatever site you wish, but don't jump to conclusions here. I'm not siding with anyone. I'm trying to sort things out and find out what the best outcome is. And I can best come to that decision with input from my mods. :)

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
Let me see if I can clarify what I mean. I believe that to many time certain posters were given the choice to slide, because we felt they are friends, then we warn them "hey stop doing that" they listen for a few days and do it again. I think a forum needs rules. How strict the rules are is up to the owner of the site. Of course poor Sanjay bought a site that was up and running (though slowly). ok that is not how I want it to sound. Basically the prior owner of the site did not expect or think far enough a head or whatever.. but there were no rules here. I was the only mod but it didn't really need moderation, more of I had to delete spammers and once in a while trolls. As the site grew Sanjay took over. Not a bad thing in any way! So please don't htink that is what I am saying. but because we had no rules it was hard to enforce "rules". Things got out of control. Members had just as much control over the board as mods. And yes I feel mods should have say in what is acceptable within in the lines of the posted rules.
wow I am just rambling and making no sense.
I do think members should have a say... but how much? If a mod feels someone should be banned for innapropriate comments and the members disagree, do they have the right to complain and then basically belittle said mod. I don't think so at all.
If a member goes and breaks rules that are posted, they should be dealt with in whatever means is reasonable for the action.

Sirk

Your Forum Mom
Apr 1, 2008
Kaytee said:
Let me see if I can clarify what I mean. I believe that to many time certain posters were given the choice to slide, because we felt they are friends, then we warn them "hey stop doing that" they listen for a few days and do it again. I think a forum needs rules.
I've gotcha.

Of course, we need rules. And that's what I'm here for. I'm not here to change everything and make it a free for all. I'm paid to be the big bad guy so they can get mad at me for kicking some butt and take the pressure off you a bit. ;)

Harassing, NO. Questioning, respectful, civil, I'm cool with.

I don't even know if I'm making sense anymore. Too much info thrown at me for one day. head hurt... :eek:

Sirk

Your Forum Mom
Apr 1, 2008
oh, and I keep forgetting, I had a lot of messages about FooserX. Tomorrow I'm going to be asking the techy guys to make it so his posts have to be approved before being posted. If you see a little man icon next to a thread, and then next to a post, you can see that post but the users can't. If it's an ok post, approve it, if not report it to me.
Also, I took away his ability to see the photo forum. So kid pics are safe, just in case.

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
there is a member by the name supermario who should also have his picture access revoked (he's the one who everyone strongly believes to be a pediphile) he's made a lot of disturbing posts in the pasts about children and sex

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
I agree with fallon. I also thiink Yullia should be on the same system. I agree with her thoughtpartly but her presentation is so hurtful and disrepectful.

Sirk

Your Forum Mom
Apr 1, 2008
Supermario I banned outright. Pedos aren't something I'm going to mess with, though reading his posts I just think he was trolling to get a rise out of you guys.

There was some "my son is having sex with an adult male and it's ok" chick so I banned as well.