hey Zeit...

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
How's baby and mommy doing????? How's being a daddy treating you? How was the first mother's day with the baby?

zeitgeist

PF Fiend
Oct 8, 2008
Mommy and baby are doing well. We started the morning slightly differently - mommy and baby slept in while I clanked and banged around the kitchen. The result was a breakfast of bacon, home fries (fresh potato, onion, and tomato) and eggs the way she likes them, juice and coffee, flowers and a card.

Mommy, of course, had to deal with feeding baby. I'm not equipped. ;)

We had plans to meet some friends for a Mother's Day China Buffet get-together, else I would have cooked some more. As it was, I did make a pretty good chocolate mousse (I'd have preferred that it would have come out a little lighter) with fresh whipped cream for everyone for dessert... but "Everyone" turned out to be more than a dozen people more than I expected. Nowhere near enough to go around. :wideeyed:

Turned out all right, though - we went to someone else's house for dessert. Mommy and I had the mousse together after we got home.

It was a lot of fun for all of us. :)

Thanks for asking. How did Mother's Day go at your place?

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
sounds wonderful!!!! I'm so glad to hear everyone is doing well
My mother's day was wonderful as well. Thank you for asking. we went to a beautiful brunch with my family, and my MIL and then later was dinner at my SIL's. She decided to have everyone and do all the work since she isn't a mommy yet. It was all very nice. My daughter made me a beautiful heart shaped box which she filled with chocolates and in school she wrote a poem about me and did my portrait. All very cute