Hey...

throughchanges

Jan 12, 2011
Hey my name's Greg. I have been told to introduce myself so I am going to.

Been married to my wife Lisa for 15 years and we have a 10 year old daughter Julie. I also have an apparent daughter on the way but the ultrasound isn't 100% so.

I am here because I'm worried about my daughter growing up. Need some help from fathers. My best friend left me 5 years ago and left me to look after his family (he didn't ask but what could I do ?) anyway watching his daughter grow up has been hard enough. Now I'm worried about watching mine grow up. Now I'm having another one. God I love my kid and I'm glad I'm having another one but I can't help but wish I had boys. A boy would of been much easier for me to deal with.

My mum left me when I was too young to remember and my dad was never around. I'm determined to be a better dad but watching my daughter start to become a woman is going to be hard for me (maybe because of my mother leaving me ?)

Please see this thread and give me some advice.
http://www.parentingforums.org/f7/dealing-my-daughter-growing-up-need-11580.html[/url]

stjohnjulie

PF Addict
Aug 9, 2010
St. John, VI
Welcome Greg! My name is Julie and I have a 9.5 year old son and a baby boy just a month old. I also have a wonderful husband!

I haven't read your other thread yet...but I think that I too would be nervous if I had girls. I know it must be hard to watch them grow into a woman...especially for a dad!

OK, off to read your other thread! Hope you enjoy the forum, there are some really great people here that have some excellent advice.

AshleyP

Jan 9, 2011
Scottsdale, Arizona
Girls just bring different problems to the table than boys. But I understand because you instinctively feel you really have to protect a daughter more than a son.

Trina

PF Addict
Jun 10, 2007
CT
Don't assume boys are easier. As a parent with one of each and a former teacher, I don't think gender necessarily has anything to do with it. Each child is different. I think personalities and temperaments come more into play than gender.