hi all, im a new dad on here...

dmax

Jan 17, 2011
uk
big hello to you all, my 18 month old baby girl is really starting to misbehave and act strangley and being very cheeky and aggressive so im hoping to get some good advice here.

thankyou;)

stjohnjulie

PF Addict
Aug 9, 2010
St. John, VI
Welcome! There is a great set of people on this forum so hopefully they can give you some great advice! Sounds like your little girl is starting to explore her independence! Hope you enjoy posting.

Trina

PF Addict
Jun 10, 2007
CT
WELCOME to PF, dmax!

Yes, sounds like typical toddler behavior known as the "age of independence" or the "terrible twos". I don't know if it's available in the UK, but a great book that I found very helpful is <U>What To Expect the Toddler Years</U> by Arlene Eisenberg. ParentCenter.com is also a good resource for parenting, child development, behavior, etc..

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Welcome to the forum dmax! My husband and I have a 3 year old boy and another baby due in June. :) Trust me, your 18 month old does not sound abnormal! haha don't worry. I hope you enjoy posting!

dmax

Jan 17, 2011
uk
i am new to parenting as i try to take over from my wife as her cultural differences are so more different to our western ways, even though i have 2 other grown up daughters i didnt really father them as my then wife took everything to do with them and i let her get on with it i.e disiplining them etc. but now my asian wife lets my 18 mth old baby run riot and doesnt seem to care , hence i am on here lol

bssage

Super Moderator
Oct 20, 2008
Iowa
Welcome and enjoy. I think what your going to find here is that there are a infinite number of ways to deal with any given situation. Good parenting is not a one size fits all kinda deal. IMHO the most important things are:

Try to be consistant,
Keep an open mind,
And IMHO the most important thing is Listen, your wife, daughter (yes she is communicating to you her wants and needs) , other forum posters. Even if you don't agree. Always be willing to listen.

Sometimes the most valuable nugget of wisdom can be buried in a pile of clutter.

Almost forgot.
Being a parent should be fun. Remember to have fun.