Hi Everyone!...

Choppy

PF Enthusiast
Dec 12, 2009
Alberta, Canada
I'm a soon to be dad for the first time in a couple of months and I've been lurking around this forum for the last week or so and thought I should introduce myself.

I am very excited and at the same time a little nervous about all the responsibilities that come with being a parent. Both my wife and I have recently moved to a smaller city in Alberta. Our familes are on either side of the country and so there are no grandparents within driving distance, nor are there aunts/uncles and most of our friends are a long distance away too.

Still I am so much looking forward to being a dad.

NinJaBob

PF Addict
Sep 29, 2008
Ohio
Welcome to the forum. You'll do fine. Most of your success will come just because you want to do the right thing.

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
^^ what Phil said^^

I remember going through the first time parenting jitters and the one thing that helped me was thinking, you know, I'm paying attention, reading stuff, and actually TRYING to do the right things. I figured that put me a good piece ahead of all those people who have kids but seemingly neither care much for or about their children or try to do the right things. You'll do fine. It would be rough not having family around. Try to solidify some of those relationships. I think people in general are more willing to help than we think. So just knowing some people well, not being afraid to ask and of course offering your help could build a nice support network for your family. Consider, parents groups and classes, church (if you're so inclined) co-workers with kids...kus tsome thoughts to help you not feel alone in all of this (oh, and of course, us here.)