hi from a mom of strange kids...

momtoallkids

PF Enthusiast
Feb 20, 2012
agawam,ma
i joined this site for a few reasons. one being that it gives me something to do with my time other than disney channel and another being that i got really good at giving advice so maybe that may help someone else outside my own circle of friends. our style of parenting isnt your cookie cutter style but it seems to be working quite well. i tend to take on other peoples kids too. right now the count stands at 5 with only 3 of them actually being mine. my kids may be a little odd(and not by my doing either which makes it even more odd) but they are happy healthy and some of the most publically well behaved kids you will ever meet. i never took any parenting classes or early childhood stuff, i simply learned what DOES NOT work by observing others. the best lesson i have learned on how to be a parent came from my parents. through them, i learned very young what NOT to do lol. our way may be unorthodox but it works for us. not only am i their mom, but i am their best friend(and their friends therapist) i pride myself on being the type of mom that everyone elses kids turn to when they feel they cant talk to their own. btw never take insult to that. remember when you were a kid? there were just some things that you didnt feel right talking to your parents about. im the one they all come to when that happens. my own kids know that they can come to me with anything without being judged for it. i think that is one mistake many parents make especially with preteens. god knows my parents did. alot of kids wont talk to their parents about whats bothering them or their fears things like that because they dont want to be judged, put down, or told that their issues arnt warrented. thats how you end up with emotionally surpressed kids. my oldest son has issues. he has problems desiphering reality from fiction. i have learned alot from him. he taught me how to deal with the wierdest things a kid can come out with without hurting their feelings or making them feel as if their problems arnt problems. im not perfect nor are my kids and i dont claim to be but we do our best as a family.
about my kids.... my oldest is 10. he is ad/hd and currently being treated for bipolar disorder(even though im pretty sure that hes autistic) he is one of the strangest kids ive ever met but he is the sweetest most loving kid you will ever have the honor of meeting.
the next one is my 7yo daughter. all my friends call her the weird child. ill admit, she is kinda weird. she has an obsession with anything dead and wants a pet zombie. she isnt your typical little girl. she is so passionate about football that she threatened to take over coaching my brothers highschool team because "at least then they might actually win a game". shes my er trip child. at least once every summer she ends up there for a ct scan. that doesnt include other random trips for x-rays ect. she is totally fearless to a point that would put most grown men to shame. shes my handful.
then there is the baby. he is currently 16mos. hes closly following in his sisters footsteps on the fearless part. he is stronger than most kids his age. at 12mo he could lift our 70lb dog off the ground. hes all new territory to me. we call him the goat. he eats everything and i mean EVERYTHING. those cardboard books they make for toddlers, ya he eats them. we started feeding him solid food when he was just 6mos old because he had almost a full set of teeth. that boy eats more food than most adults in my house and doesnt gain anything. i laughed when his dr told me i had to feed him more becasue he was underwieght. i had to explain that it just wasnt possible to feed him anymore than he already eats. like his father, he doesnt store body fat.
as for the other 2, they doont actually belong to me but they do live with us 90% of the time. the 9yo is a sweet kid but can get himself into trouble. his parents(who also live with us) tend to coddle him a little too much and its becoming obvious that may be the reason he acts out from time to time. he gets easily fustrated when he can not be independent. he is my little prep chef.
then there is the 6yo. him and his mom used to live with us. she is a good friend of mine. he stays here on the weekends and half the week. almost like joint custody just not on paper. its his choice. he just prefers being here because he gets the attention that he needs and he has other kids to play with. hes got some issues of his own. his speech is delayed and is possibly autistic. he too is a bit odd but if you knew his mom youde understand.

bssage

Super Moderator
Oct 20, 2008
Iowa
You sound like my kinda people. I can see either myself or my kids in you post. My mom used to joke/be serious about me making a min of two trips a year to the ER growing up. I have the scars to prove it.

I like your intro. I would suggest you break your thoughts up and put a little space between them on the page. I'm not a grammar police or anything. Its just make the thread easier to digest.

Have fun I think your going to like it here.

bssage

momtoallkids

PF Enthusiast
Feb 20, 2012
agawam,ma
bssage said:
You sound like my kinda people. I can see either myself or my kids in you post. My mom used to joke/be serious about me making a min of two trips a year to the ER growing up. I have the scars to prove it.

I like your intro. I would suggest you break your thoughts up and put a little space between them on the page. I'm not a grammar police or anything. Its just make the thread easier to digest.

Have fun I think your going to like it here.

bssage
my daughter suffers at least 3 concussions a year. lol totally fearless. she had a skull fracture when she was 11mo so any minor hit to the head has to be taken as something serious and with her daredevil ways, its a constant worry. everything healed fine with no lasting damage but its better safe than sorry.

Father_0f_7

PF Addict
Aug 19, 2008
F.I., Florida
wants a pet zombie
In her defense zombies are pretty freakin' awesome.

I'm Christian, I'm 41 and have been married for 23 years. We have 7 children (1 adopted).
Meagan is 24, Dylan is 20, Dane is 19, Cassie is 17, Jon is 16, and Billy and Kaitlyn are 11.

We adopted Jon about 3 years ago: January 29, 2009.

We also have 2 grandchildren: Marc is 3 years old and Hayleigh is 1.

All of our kids are completely insane in their own little ways...it's very tiring.

Last edited:

momtoallkids

PF Enthusiast
Feb 20, 2012
agawam,ma
everything is zombies. my grandmother took her to church on easter and she twisted what the guy was saying into a story about zombies. then went and told everyone at school!!! its always "mama if there is a zombie takeover can we catch one and keep it as a pet? i promise to feed it!" my son is obsessed with werewolves and vampires, and the little one thinks its funny when the trex bites the head off the guy in jurassic park. my kids are warped lol but thats why i love them so much. they are unlike any other kids i have ever met lol