Hi, you could say I'm completely confused....

he.loves.her

PF Regular
Feb 27, 2008
Iowa
Hey, I'm Preston. I'm a senoir in high school and my little girl, Lyric is 17 months. Hmm... didn't do very well on the no sex till marraige thing. Anyway, I just wanted to say who I was. And that I'm really horrible at being a single high school dad.

Kim

PF Fiend
Apr 3, 2007
St. Louis, MO
Hi Preston, welcome to the board.

I am sure you are not as bad as you think. Being young makes it hard, though, I know. But it seems like you are trying to do what's best and that is what is important.

Where is her mom?

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
At least your honest. No one is born a good parent hun. We all learn as we go along. They don't hand out rule books. We'll help ya. I love the name Lyric. Glad you're here. Hang tight. You can still have a bright future, a child doesn't change much it just broadens your perspective and makes things worth the effort. ;) It's really a wonderful thing.

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
Oh dear God. I'm so sorry for your loss.
Did she have post pardum depression?

he.loves.her

PF Regular
Feb 27, 2008
Iowa
Yeah... it's been really hard, but we're all slowly learning to accept it. No she was having a lot of problems at home and... well nobody even really knows what happened. she actually seemed pretty happy. and then we all get these texts saying that she loved us and she was going to miss and that she was sorry. I feel like I should have noticed or something. But I was worried with Lyric and everything else... The last year has been a terrible stress for me.

AnKsMommy

PF Fanatic
Dec 17, 2007
Japan
It's hard being a young parent, and I admire you for taking responsibility and stepping up to be a better parent. I don't think your horrible. I've already read some of your post and think that a horrible parent wouldn't be seeking help and ideas. You are welcomed to ask anything here. I'm also a young parent *early twenties* so if you need to talk you can pm me.

Also, I'm very sorry for your loss. Don't ever blame yourself, sometimes it's hard to pick up signs.

WHYTEKNYGHT2003

PF Fiend
Sep 12, 2007
dallastown, pa
sorry for your loss, but glad to hear you are doing what you can to take car of the young'un. welcome to the boards and theres plenty of people here who would be more than happy to give out advice. and im sure you are doing a good job being a parent considering the circumstances.

Kim

PF Fiend
Apr 3, 2007
St. Louis, MO
Oh I am so sorry to hear that. My best friend committed suicide in high school and I know firsthand that you can't prevent it. I think it is really brave of you to be taking good care of your daughter. I know it is tough, but hang in there. We're all here if you need us!

he.loves.her

PF Regular
Feb 27, 2008
Iowa
Thanks everyone. We're holding up well. Hmm, I'm a little worn out today from everything, I stayed home with Lyric because she just seems too sick to spend a day at day care [[Which is one of the few things that is covered for me... My area covers Lyr's daily care]] But she fell asleep around 3:00 so I left her with my friend, went over to school, grabbed my homework and here I am. She's STILL asleep. It's nice.

gr8mom

PF Fanatic
Mar 1, 2008
Texas
I'm sure you're going to be a wonderful father. If you need any advice just ask. I'll help if I can. I'm still learning some things though.

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
I hope she's feeling better today. It is nice when they take a nap huh. lol I hope you check in on the board soon so we know how you are doing.

he.loves.her

PF Regular
Feb 27, 2008
Iowa
Hi everyone! Bad news and good news. Good news: Lyric is feeling better. Bad news: Now I'm sick. YUCK! WHEN WILL IT END??!?!?! Oh... more bad news... I think I might have flunked my AP Chem. test. I mean really, really bombed it. Well, anyway. I did end up going out on Saturday with Lyric, but we didn't go the the library. We went to an indoor play station thing. I think that made her happy. So I'm satisfied with the weekend.