Hi :)...

Mindy

PF Addict
Feb 20, 2008
QC, Canada
Hey everyone,

There is one small thing that is bothering me, and if you all just think I'm crazy, that's cool... :D

But please please please everyone, as safe as you might feel here, please consider not posting your child's FULL NAME. You would be absolutely sickened at what you can find out about a person with just that much info.

And let's face it, with this being the top hit when googling "parenting forums" and from just our everyday experiences, we must all know that all kinds of spammers and weirdos DO come here..

Even if you think you live in a safe place and it's all cool, please remember, there are predators out there. There really are. I have seen this kind of thing first hand. Not that we should worry our whole lives, but some simple things like avoiding using full names online (which we even advise teens not to do on Myspace and such) well, it's a small price to pay really to ensure your child's safety.

Mindy

PF Addict
Feb 20, 2008
QC, Canada
You can do lots of things with someone's full name. It's the same reason we decide not to post OUR names online. Coupled with the person's location, it's very dangerous. Especially since this is the top hit for parenting sites... There are a few members who have their child's full name in their siggy, WITH their location as well. It just worries me is all. And I'm not telling anyone what to do, honest I'm not. It's just dangerous.

NinJaBob

PF Addict
Sep 29, 2008
Ohio
Thank you. I haven't done it but It's good to remember that not everyone here is a responsible caring adult. There are sicko's here too.