Hi...

Mum24au

Aug 16, 2008
Wagga Wagga
Hi Everyone,
My name is Kate and I am a 25yo mother of 4. I am currently planning a book and would like some input from other parents out there. What I would like to know is as a parent, what do you want from your child? I am mainly focusing on teenagers, but would welcome any input for any age group. If you could please help me with this it would be much appreciated. I hope to hear from you soon.
:p

Nikita

PF Fanatic
Jun 10, 2008
London, ON
welcome to the forum. No teenagers here. For right now, I just hope both my kids grow up to be happy and healthy.

Mum24au

Aug 16, 2008
Wagga Wagga
Hi everyone, thanks for the great response so far. Okay, to be more specific, I am writing a guide for teens about what their parents want in the hope that they will understand us more and life at home will be a little less chaotic!! I have found that since becoming a parent, I didn't treat my parents the best when i was going through teen hood and with the release of a new book about raising your parents, I felt the need to write something that focused on understanding what we want instead of a manual about how to wrap our parents around our little fingers. So basically I want to know about what you as a parent want from your kids and why. I will also accept any true stories about your teenhood. These will be placed in the book usinf initials only and with your consent as well. how you have come to understand why your parents acted the way they did and so forth.
You can also email me at katesavage83@yahoo.com.au
Anyways look forward to hearing from you and I hope this helps you out a bit more.
Have a great day!!!:wub:

Dadu2004

PF Visionary
May 16, 2008
Cleveland, OH
Well, personally, I'd like to see open lines of communication. The more teens and kids realize that their parents aren't complete morons and ask for help, the better life can be!