Holy bloody nose!!!!!!!!!!!...

mom2many

Super Moderator
Jul 3, 2008
melba, Idaho
OMG....

Vanna and Kailyn were in the bathroom, Kailyn likes to go in there with her. Anyways Kailyn comes out and ask for tissue, I'm thinking Vanna needs toilet paper so I send Cole in to get her some. I hear Cole go "OMG!", but still I think nothing of it. Cole comes out and says Vanna has a bloody nose and there is blood everywhere. Ok, giver her tissue, again I'm not thinking much of it. He comes out again and tells me I should go in there.

When I open the door the sight is out of a horror film, the blood is literally everywhere! It is all over her hands, running down her arms, all over her legs (she's sitting on the toilet) all over my floor and not drop, puddles, and dripping down the sides of the toilet.

Cole Stays with her while I get a wash clothe to start cleaning up, when she starts to gag....oh yuck what came out of her mouth TMI..bloody snot/mucus. i don't know what the hell it was. Twenty minutes in and it slowed enough to get her cleaned up, and now at 45 minutes out it is finally stopping. What set it off? Kailyn bumped her nose, Vanna said it wasn't even all that hard.

I had bloody noses all of my childhood, my 3rd oldest is prone to them also, but nothing like that ever!

ikon99

PF Enthusiast
Oct 15, 2012
Arizona
Transfusion? Not likley. Most adults can lose a pint and not have it affect them. How old and how big is the kiddo? The child may have a clotting disorder. Some of the signs are bleeding gums with brushing, unexplained brusing. Please have her checked out by her GP. The treatment at home for nose bleed is pinch nose and lean forward. Leaning back will cause her to swollow blood and this can cause nausea and vomiting.

mom2many

Super Moderator
Jul 3, 2008
melba, Idaho
I thought about it last night and I think what happened is the family is just coming out of colds. The younger ones went from non-stop runny noses to dry stuffy noses and my youngest just hit her the right way. It's been fine ever since, but it was a little traumatizing lol

Shaun Austin

Banned
Oct 22, 2012
wow we have had nose bleeds and plenty of them but nothing on that scale. It sounds like there was enough blood to fill the pool at work and that's deep (its a diving pool with a 10m board - the highest board)