home birth...

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
Regardless on whether you would want to deliver a child (or your wife deliver) at home, should laws prevent moms from doing so. Many states it is illegal to birth your child at home

Teresa

PF Fiend
Feb 2, 2007
Ohio
It's not something I would be interested in doing, but I don't think it should be illegal. I have friends who had all five of their children at home, with a midwife, with no problems.

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
I agree with you again! lol I don't want a homebirth, but I do plan on having a midwife and a birthing center with the next one. i just can't believe that their are laws that prevent woman from birthing this way. Also I read that some states made it illegal to have a water birth. Thats just crazy too. Again I do not want a water birth, lol I don't want to sit in my own stuff. But many woman find this the best way to birth

veronicadavis

PF Enthusiast
Dec 28, 2007
Ft belvoir VA
I've never even heard these things...how odd. What if a child is born at home by mistake? My last 1 year old came so fast I barely made it to the hospital in time.

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
yay I agree, I don't know how that part works. I think it's just illegal to plan a home birth.

Your pics are great! You have a beautiful family and that last pic is just so adorable

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
I did, if you or anyone else wants me to make them a siggy, just ask!

ok so I did look up this whole illegal thing. It is not illegal to have a home birth, but it is illegal in some states for a midwife to be in attendance. So you can have an unassisted birth, but you have tolook at laws if you want a midwife there

veronicadavis

PF Enthusiast
Dec 28, 2007
Ft belvoir VA
I just love babies. I want another baby. Not a home birth though, too scary. Also, I almost forgot, your quote about the troops is awesome, i told my husband and he got a kick out of it. I'd love a picture done...what else can you do?

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
whatever you want, I can link some of the siggies I have done on another thread. I'll put it in picture gallery

http://parentingforums.org/showthread.php?p=19289&posted=1#post19289[/url]

jenilouise

PF Addict
Oct 20, 2007
Oregon
I think one should be allowed to have a home birth and I think it is silly to outlaw miwives in some states because wouldn't having a midwife in attendance make it safer?? Just me. I wouldn't personally want a home birth.

yulia

Banned
Jan 25, 2008
Lafayette, CO
Kaytee said:
Regardless on whether you would want to deliver a child (or your wife deliver) at home, should laws prevent moms from doing so. Many states it is illegal to birth your child at home
I think home birth is one of the greatest most beautiful experiences a woman can have!

Too bad I was too ignorant when I had my first baby, so I ended up with two c-sections :mad:

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
yulia said:
I think home birth is one of the greatest most beautiful experiences a woman can have!

Too bad I was too ignorant when I had my first baby, so I ended up with two c-sections :mad:
why do you feel ignorant?

yulia

Banned
Jan 25, 2008
Lafayette, CO
fallon said:
why do you feel ignorant?
<U>it is dangerous to deliver breech with american doctors because they (doctors) are NOT <I>trained</I> to deliver breech babies</U> :mad:

So, if I wasn't so ignorant at that time and knew what I know now, I would have had a beatiful home waterbirth.

kjcandles

Jan 22, 2008
New Hampshire
I had mid-wifes for both of my children's birth - at a hospital though! A physcian on-call was there if needed.

But I don't think it should be a law that women can't have babies at home. Think back to times when women gave birth to babies all the time in their home. Risks were greater than, it was common for women to die in childbirth.

With medical technology today, I suppose that is why I still would want to be at a hospital.

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
I also would not want to be at home, but I do plan to go to a birthing center. HTe best of both worlds in my opinion. The comfort of a nice bedroom and teh freedom to birth the way I want to but the security of knowing that they are there if things get bad. They will take me to the hospital and be with me the whole time

ntbuddy

PF Enthusiast
Jan 26, 2008
Michigan City, Indiana
I personally am glad I went to a hospital. I don't feel there should be laws to prevent this and if it was the case then I would say there needs to be a test for being a parent. The reason I'm glad we went to the hospital is that we practiced the lamaz, etc. as you would if you delivered at home but during the time of birth I was able to focus all my love and concentration on Dana and help her through this as I can only imagine how painful it is to give birth to such a large child. It still amazes me to this day how well she did. John

jenilouise

PF Addict
Oct 20, 2007
Oregon
At the hospital I had Natalia at it was so wonderful because they do everything in your room- checkups, bathing the baby, everything. She was in the nursery for only a short time while my friend took me for a walk around the hospital.

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
thats great that it was like that. That is the main reason I am staying out of the hosital for all remaining children. They would take Nichole for her checkups and be gone 2 hours