Hoping To Learn More About Parenting!...

emmagrace

Jan 3, 2013
Oklahoma
Hello, I am going to be very open and honest in my post about who I am and why I joined. Well, to start off with, I want to join because although I am 18, I have a desire to be a parent one day. I want to give my insight on things here as well as take in some from other posters, see what it is like to truly be a parent. I know it ain't easy, and can be frustrating at times, but I do want to be a parent one day, and I figured a parenting forum would be a good place to start, see what it is like! I don't exactly have access to do things with kids around here, not experienced enough to babysit and I don't really have any kid cousins. No siblings either.

Now, onto who I am. I am a male to female transgender. Didn't expect that, eh? Told ya I was going to be honest in my post! Although I wont reveal my real name, the name I unofficially gave myself, and hopefully want to go by one day, is Emma Grace! I wont really go into much detail in my life, other than I lost my father at age 13 and didn't exactly have the best mother growing up, I still love her and everything, but I did not have a normal childhood by any means. I don't want to have the same thing with my children. I want them too have parents for a long time in their lives, to feel love, and not go through the heartache I went through.

If you have any other questions about me, feel free to ask. I am pretty open about myself. I really do want to be a good member here, learning about parenting, giving my thoughts and opinions, etc. Thank you for reading, and have a nice day! <3

singledad

PF Addict
Oct 26, 2009
South Africa
Welcome, and thank you for your honesty!

I think its great that you want to learn before you have kids. That way, by the time you have them, you'll be better prepared to be a good parent that most first-time parents. :)

emmagrace

Jan 3, 2013
Oklahoma
singledad said:
Welcome, and thank you for your honesty!

I think its great that you want to learn before you have kids. That way, by the time you have them, you'll be better prepared to be a good parent that most first-time parents. :)
Thank you! :) Although I don't think anything can truly fully prepare you for parenting, I want to learn the most I can, so I can be the best parent I can!

singledad

PF Addict
Oct 26, 2009
South Africa
No, you're right. You'll never be fully prepared. Each child is different, and if you ask some of the members here who have many kids, they'll tell you that even after 5 or 6, you're still not 100% prepared for the next one, because he/she will be different from the others. But you can be a lot more prepared than most. :)

Mom2all

PF Fiend
Nov 25, 2009
Eastern North Carolina, USA
singledad said:
No, you're right. You'll never be fully prepared. Each child is different, and if you ask some of the members here who have many kids, they'll tell you that even after 5 or 6, you're still not 100% prepared for the next one, because he/she will be different from the others. But you can be a lot more prepared than most. :)

How very true. But welcome. Hope you find all the learning you are looking for.

Shaun Austin

Banned
Oct 22, 2012
singledad said:
^I agree with singledad^
we have four and two more on the way. Sam and Callum (our eldest two - Callum younger by 10 months) are completly different. Then our other two are even more diffrent.
welcome to the site btw.

Last edited:

akmom

PF Fiend
May 22, 2012
United States
I have a desire to be a parent one day. [...] If you have any other questions about me, feel free to ask. I am pretty open about myself.
All right, I'll be the blunt one. How do you envision becoming a parent? Foster, adoption, biological?