Horrible jokes! :'(...

AnKsMommy

PF Fanatic
Dec 17, 2007
Japan
So today was dh's birthday. We were out and about so much that we ended up having two grande types of coffee from Starbucks. It made me so jittery that I felt like I was having that anxious attack that I was having at the beginning of the year that was causing me problems. It was horrible!

Anyway, so whenever I have anxious attacks I freak out about things that are so small. But I was wondering what people thought of this. Untasteful jokes that have children in them. Such as "grass on the field play ball" and "dead baby" jokes. They make me sick! In the military you hear the Marines yelling "Kill babies", I one time stopped a whole movement to yell at them about how wrong it was. I walked out of a class because a student was making dead baby jokes. Whenever I hear the "grass on the field" jokes I cringe and tell them they are sick. Here is my problem though...

Whenever I was a young girl, like 12, I had a sister that was around one. I didn't know any better, but I still feel horrible. My best friend and I used to pretend that the toy dinosaur was a male part and be like, "Oh look, sister takes it in the ear! Or other places..." We never actually DID anything, but the fact that I made those jokes when I was 12, and now I'm 23, bother me now. It feels sad and silly to me. One time whenever dd was playing with a toy in her mouth it looked like she was doing something sick and my mom jokingly said, "oh it looks like you gave too many blow jobs in front of your daughter!" UGH! It makes me sick! I laughed it off at the time...but now it bothers me.

You guys think I'm getting worked up over nothing? Maybe it's just the coffee I had today going in to overtime and making me too jittery...not to mention the extra stress of finals week, getting out of the Navy paperwork and a dirty house?

OMG I feel horrible...and stupid!

Dadu2004

PF Visionary
May 16, 2008
Cleveland, OH
I don't think you're over-reacting...people react to things in different ways. I personally can just dismiss things like that as stupid jokes and let them go without a second thought. I think you're ok...just don't let it stress you out too much. It seems like you have enough on your plate!

AnKsMommy

PF Fanatic
Dec 17, 2007
Japan
I can dismiss things like that too...I think it's just the extra stress I've been under lately has me flipping out. Lately for the past two weeks everything in the house has been go go GOOOO!!! No time to kick back at all. Hopefully next week. :)

Thanks for replying back. It makes me feel like I'm not going crazy lol.

AnKsMommy

PF Fanatic
Dec 17, 2007
Japan
I can't stand the dead baby jokes the most! It makes me want to cry thinking about hurting little innocent ones!

I guess I'm disturbed because I at one point in my life made those type of jokes too. But I just tell myself that I never did anything wrong, I just said things that were inappropriate and thought they were funny at the time.

1dayatatime

PF Addict
Oct 3, 2007
AZ
I dont ever hear things like that but yeah I'd hit the roof. Non sexual human beings do not need to hear about sexual things. I would go crazy if someone joked about blowjob or any other sexual innuendo in front of my kids.

1dayatatime

PF Addict
Oct 3, 2007
AZ
Looking back across your life is always filled with shoulda, woulda, coulda. Dont dwell on it. It will make you crazy.

HappyMomma

PF Addict
Mar 7, 2008
Wylie, TX
I find those jokes and comments offensive as well... you are not alone.

It's one thing (although I of course do not condone it) coming from a kid that hasn't realized the magnatude as of yet... it's completely different coming from an adult.

AnKsMommy

PF Fanatic
Dec 17, 2007
Japan
Well my therapist told me that one of the problems that I had probably was because my parents never explained sex to me as a kid. I had to learn it from my friends...whenever I was 12! So...yea...

I'm really sensitive about certain things.

Of course I understand I was a child myself, but I still feel bad. My sister of course laughs off half that stuff. I love my little sister. I'm ready to go back to the states and see her!