Horrible week for school attendance....

.:Kalli Rae:.

PF Fiend
Apr 18, 2008
Rapid City SD
Aaron missed Mon, Tues, Wed and Thurs (I got called to pick him up Thursday) because of a pretty bad ear infection.

Lily has missed Thurs and Fri because of a viral throat infection.

I have gone to the doc 2x in 2 days. :wacko:

Oh where Oh where is summer????

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
Seriously, welcome to my world. I'm surprised mine even got grades this year. It's been horrible with the strep and flu.

PF Fiend
Apr 18, 2008
Rapid City SD
This year is better than last, Aaron was almost held back because he missed so much school with ear infections. He had 3 of them that ruptured. Lily always has really good atttendance.

Aaron has only had 2 ear infections this year. I think he is finally out-growing them. :D

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
I even pushed to have my daughter to have a tonsilectomy but they don't do that anymore for strep. It worked for me when I was five and never caught it again. Why not now? What do they wait for? Rheumatic fever?

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
Can you get a murmer from that? I had a murmer for the longest time but it went away for some strange reason. I only get the palpitaions once is a great while. I never knew that.

PF Fiend
Apr 18, 2008
Rapid City SD
Yeah I guess you can because my mom has a kind of a bad heart. We can't scare her (like jump out at her) because her heart will freak out and she will become faint. She can't get general anesthesia unless it is super necessary because she has a hard time waking from it.

PF Fiend
Apr 18, 2008
Rapid City SD
I forgot to add...she also went to the ER one time because she was so stressed out that she thought she was having a heart attack. It was the scariest night of my life.

HappyMomma

PF Addict
Mar 7, 2008
Wylie, TX
In addition to the horrible germ/sick/cold/flu season, Dd just began preschool last November so we've been sick (what seems like) every other week. Ugh

PF Fiend
Apr 18, 2008
Rapid City SD
Last year we had that happen, my sister lives in a not so good part of town and there was a head lice epidemic in that school. Her step-daughter went there and we hung out nearly everyday so of course we had to do the prevention steps in my house as well. It sucked. Thankfully we didn't get it but it was scary.

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
My girls had head lice in Pre-K and it was a nightmare. Since they were at a Christian school there was not a policy put into place where parents HAD to get the lice out. So by law the children were allowed to keep reinfesting the other kids. They eventually got it under control.
Now in public school if they find one nit the kids has to leave school!. Yea.

ljmahr

PF Fiend
Oct 16, 2007
musicmom said:
My girls had head lice in Pre-K and it was a nightmare. Since they were at a Christian school there was not a policy put into place where parents HAD to get the lice out. So by law the children were allowed to keep reinfesting the other kids. They eventually got it under control.
Now in public school if they find one nit the kids has to leave school!. Yea.
That is how it is at the schools my girl's attend. One nit and you HAVE to come get them. They are not allowed to come back until they are free and clear. We had to deal with it once when my 2 oldest went to a daycare but other than that have been pretty lucky. At the school they go to now whenever one person is found to have lice we get a letter saying that another child has lice.

SheilaOcean

Banned
Oct 8, 2009
Live in Sunny California
I know! You get one measly little nit, and they wont let them back in school till they are gone. I don't get it. But yeah, lice are becoming a huge epidemic that really needs to be stopped. One great trick is to make sure your girls have braided hair or in a ponytail, keep the hair from flailing about...

That worked for us. We used *link removed by moderator* , but I know there are other things out ther too.

Sheila

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
Sheila pleae limit your posts to thread that have been active in the last 30 days. Also, we don't allow site linking. Please take a look at the rules before posting more.

http://www.parentingforums.org/f17/rules-guidelines-read-before-posting-7179.html[/URL]