Hot, Hot, Hot......

kdryan

PF Fanatic
Jan 2, 2009
Fort Wayne, In
Man, it must be 105° out and our AC is broken again! I am sitting here in my undies (not a pretty sight) sweating my rear off and dreaming of something cold.

I'm so hot right now I don't even want to blink...:speecharghhhh:

Cop2be

PF Fiend
May 28, 2009
Denver, Colorado 3oh3! <3
kdryan said:
Man, it must be 105° out and our AC is broken again! I am sitting here in my undies (not a pretty sight) sweating my rear off and dreaming of something cold.

I'm so hot right now I don't even want to blink...:speecharghhhh:

That sucks..
Buy a fan...or go buy a kiddie pool and lay in it LOL

Crass

PF Regular
Jun 2, 2010
Louisiana
My wife and I brought our daughter home on a Sunday afternoon. It was a typical Louisiana day: hot and muggy. We walked in and immediately knew the A/C was broken. My wife was recovering from the C/S, plus we had a 3 day old and a 2yo. We ended up having to get a new compressor.

Cop2be

PF Fiend
May 28, 2009
Denver, Colorado 3oh3! <3
kdryan....I officially feel your pain...

It is so hot, clothing is not an option...I am BURNING up and my fan is NO help...

I just had to change my shirt because I woke up all gross and sweaty after my nap...I quickly decided life was better just wearing a sports bra.....good thing im taking that fitness class I can now show off my beginning abs...

Father_0f_7

PF Addict
Aug 19, 2008
F.I., Florida
Tuesday
High: 89
Humidity: 53%

Wednesday
High: 93
Humidity: 63%

Thursday
High: 96
Humidity: 66%

Friday
High: 93
Humidity: 71%

And that's Jacksonville, Florida

bssage

Super Moderator
Oct 20, 2008
Iowa
Crass said:
My wife and I brought our daughter home on a Sunday afternoon. It was a typical Louisiana day: hot and muggy. We walked in and immediately knew the A/C was broken. My wife was recovering from the C/S, plus we had a 3 day old and a 2yo. We ended up having to get a new compressor.
You need one of those palm leaf fans to cool your DW/

Jeremy+3

PF Addict
Apr 18, 2009
Nottinghamshire
It isn't that hot here, 27 which is 80f, we don't have air conditioning in the UK other than in our cars, we manage just fine when it is in the 30's.

ElliottCarasDad

PF Addict
Sep 10, 2008
Iowa
Jeremy+3 said:
It isn't that hot here, 27 which is 80f, we don't have air conditioning in the UK other than in our cars, we manage just fine when it is in the 30's.
Its not usually the heat itself but the humidity that you need AC for. What is the humidity like in the UK?

Jeremy+3

PF Addict
Apr 18, 2009
Nottinghamshire
ElliottCarasDad said:
Its not usually the heat itself but the humidity that you need AC for. What is the humidity like in the UK?
It depends where you live because we are a small island, but it tends to range from 60%-85% in places like coastal Cymru it is normally around 95% in the summer.

kdryan

PF Fanatic
Jan 2, 2009
Fort Wayne, In
Thanks! It went out again! I just went over to Wal Mart at 11:30 at night and bought a 10,000 BTU window unit until we can get someone out here...

Today it got up around 100 with 94% humidity, plus we have a big window in the living room that faces the sunset, so basically in the afternoon, it turns into an oven. Yuch...

kdryan

PF Fanatic
Jan 2, 2009
Fort Wayne, In
Well, the AC guy came and said it needed clean inside and out and couldn't do it today. He is going to try to do whatever he can so we'll have something to use, but it's not going to be great AC for a while. It sounds expensive...

ButterflyMom

Jun 9, 2010
Virginia
Ohh i feel for you that does sound expensive we have an ac in the dining room and in our bedroom been having to use them a lot lately ~ dont want to see my electric bill ~ also got the kids a pool to play in