How about Work from Home Moms??? What do you do?...

tafania

Banned
Apr 10, 2008
Hi
I have 3 small children and researched long and hard for a work at home job. I really wanted to contribute to my family and keep my kids with me during the day. So I did lots of research and I found a great career! I recently have come across a home-based business opportunity with no large investment, no inventory and no risk. It is an Inc. 500 manufacturing company. I work from home with a company that manufactures products that we're already buying elsewhere, but they are better, safer & healthier. We just help set up customer accounts and the company pays us to do so. It has benefited our family so much! I never have to leave my house to be successful! :tongue:

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
A friend of mine got into the pyramid sales and regretted it. Hope it works out for you.

jtee

Banned
Jun 24, 2007
Yeah, a rare few at the very very top get rich, and everyone else underneath makes them even richer, often out of their own pocket.

sadinplaid

PF Enthusiast
Oct 21, 2007
Georgia
What I hate about these things is that they're so vague. What company?? What products?? Are those first two posts even real members? they are probably just on here hunting for retarded women who "can't wait to start bringing home $3000 a week just by sitting at home!!!!!" Give me a break.

jennaB

May 8, 2008
Yeah that sounds like a Pyramid scheme you get in spam emails!

I somehow ended up doing shopping and random stuff for the other moms in the neighborhood who work outside of home. My husband is a realtor so he likes to know everyone. I call it my glorified babysitting job. except the babies are the moms because they come home all whiney about their jobs. I don't take care of their kids.. just do special errands. I feel like some kind of personal manager / therapist sometimes. LOL

:yikes:

sadinplaid

PF Enthusiast
Oct 21, 2007
Georgia
jennaB said:
Yeah that sounds like a Pyramid scheme you get in spam emails!

I somehow ended up doing shopping and random stuff for the other moms in the neighborhood who work outside of home. My husband is a realtor so he likes to know everyone. I call it my glorified babysitting job. except the babies are the moms because they come home all whiney about their jobs. I don't take care of their kids.. just do special errands. I feel like some kind of personal manager / therapist sometimes. LOL

:yikes:
Your job sounds neat. You do something therefore you earn money :) I hate the way these work-from-home-freaks try to make it sound like there's a fortune to be made in sitting on your a*s

jennaB

May 8, 2008
Well its not a lot of money but its nice to be doing something else for a change and get some exercise. Or shoppersize. :)

I made some little cards up on the computer and handed them out at our BBq last summer. They got around the neighbourhood fast. actually took very little effort.

p.s. I got swindled into attending two of the multi-level marketing meetings a couple years ago. They said it was something else to get me to go. I was so mad!

jennaB

May 8, 2008
Mostly the shopping, picking up dry cleaning, dog walking, cat sitting and picking up the kids from school. I also cook up meals and put them in their freezers so they have a few days supply of home cooked meals. I get more appreciation from the husbands i think! I do a little yard work and the occasional cleaning too.

You going to try it too?

busymomofmany

May 7, 2008
That hurts. I am a new member (thanks for the warm welcome) and my husband is a corporate sales trainer and I do the administrative work.

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
More power to you Jenna. I don't like doing the things I have to do around here let alone doing other peoples things. Kudos.

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
the only get rich schemes I like are the ones that you have to sit for 3 hours while they try to sell you time shares, then you get a free trip out of it! lol My brother (he's 29) just did that with his girlfriend. They sat there the whole time just telling htem no and got a 3 day trip to someplace. I don't remember where, but it was free!! lol

jennaB

May 8, 2008
I signed up for a contest to win tickets for a free trip once and won. when I went to pick up my tickets I was shown into a room full of sales people selling to other people. I learned everyone who entered won . They tried to sell me time shares and the tickets were to another time share sales center in another country. Appartently a quarter to a third of people that come into claim their tickets actually buy into it. When we worked out the actual cost of time shares you end up paying more and that it takes about 20 years of being in the program to see any real deals.

HappyMomma

PF Addict
Mar 7, 2008
Wylie, TX
I once had a home based business... success does not come overnight, it takes a ton of hard word and investment.

If something like this was true, everyone would be doing it. JMHO

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
They do that in Orlando for Disney all the time but it's a free trip and two free tickets. It's worth sitting in a 90 minute speech. I have the will power to say no.
One time me and my boyfriend said we were married just for the free dinner theatre tickets. lol
They really push the sales tactics.

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
yay you have to be able to say no. Of course my brother being the smart one he is (reminds me of Ari, just knows a lot stuffa bout a lot of stuff kinda thing) and he looked into the comapny before going. They didn't like him telling them about about bad stuff in their company!

sadinplaid

PF Enthusiast
Oct 21, 2007
Georgia
busymomofmany said:
That hurts. I am a new member (thanks for the warm welcome) and my husband is a corporate sales trainer and I do the administrative work.

Don't get your panties in a wad. I'm happy for you that you legitimately get to work from home. The original post sounded like a load, and you didn't say what you did from home in your original post, so I mistook you for another person trolling this site. My bad.

Welcome. Seriously. :)