How can I help my daughter?...

Aug 28, 2009
<t>Hello fellow parents.<br/>
<br/>
I have an adolescent daughter, Penelope, who has transitioned into a vulgar, irrational, and rude young lady. As I’ve aforementioned, I’ve exhausted all my options. Her downward spiral began a few months ago, when she wouldn’t get out of bed, missed all of her college tuitions and began to have these horrid mood swings. One night, when I was reading her my weekly report on her progress, she told me to ‘get stuffed’, or some sort of slang that didn’t make much grammatical sense. She then broke down, telling me she thought I was bullying her into being this perfect person. I explained that these weekly ‘reports’ are a way of showing my love, and I’m only trying to help her. I wish my mum had done the same. Tips like “You looked fat on Tuesday, and those Doritos had too many calories, and morbid obesity is not pleasant,” would have helped me when I was young. Why can’t she see I only want the best for her? <br/>
<br/>
It didn’t end there. She also started to eat obsessive amounts of food. She told me she was ‘depressed’, but I don’t tolerate mental illness as an excuse. It’s just an excuse for weakness. An excuse to not try at all. In fact, I hardly believe in mental illnesses at all. I believe the media is just planting thoughts in her head.<br/>
<br/>
I began to write little notes to her, reminding her of her daily calorie intake. I just want her to be happy and healthy. She didn’t start to diet, so I hired a P.I to take photos of her, at her most vulnerable. Fat people don’t look good, and that’s what I wanted her to see. I showed her the photos in one my reports and she actually started to scream obscenities at me. She ignored me for weeks, just over the fact I let a man take photos of her changing in her bedroom. Why is she being so difficult? Is this normal for a teenager?<br/>
<br/>
Please help me, and I encourage honesty. <br/>
Thank you very much, and enjoy your internet session.</t>

Father_0f_7

PF Addict
Aug 19, 2008
F.I., Florida
I'm calling troll too, but still...
like “You looked fat on Tuesday, and those Doritos had too many calories, and morbid obesity is not pleasant,”
If you actually say that to your daughter, you are one of the worst parents I have ever heard of. Have you ever heard of something called mental abuse, cause this is boarderline if you tell her that all the time..sorry, just how I feel.

I don’t tolerate mental illness as an excuse. It’s just an excuse for weakness.
What the hell do you mean when you say you dont "tolerate" mental illness? Mental Illnesses are SERIOUS and could lead to real problems if they dont get treated.

You're a complete idiot....

I began to write little notes to her, reminding her of her daily calorie intake. I just want her to be happy and healthy. She didn’t start to diet, so I hired a P.I to take photos of her, at her most vulnerable. Fat people don’t look good, and that’s what I wanted her to see. I showed her the photos in one my reports and she actually started to scream obscenities at me. She ignored me for weeks, just over the fact I let a man take photos of her changing in her bedroom. Why is she being so difficult? Is this normal for a teenager?
And you're even more of an idiot if you think anyone here would actually believe that last paragraph.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Troll, without a doubt. Not even funny. :/ Don't let these people get you guys worked up. We'll take care of them.

We are for real having a spam/troll problem the last couple of days. Holy moly.

BenDavis503

PF Enthusiast
Mar 9, 2008
Portland, OR
Why would someone make a huge post like that on a parent forum and think it is funny? What kind of person does that?

I come here for genuine help about parenting because I need it, and you guys always help me. I don't understand why a person would troll a parent board.

Dadu2004

PF Visionary
May 16, 2008
Cleveland, OH
BenDavis503 said:
Why would someone make a huge post like that on a parent forum and think it is funny? What kind of person does that?

I come here for genuine help about parenting because I need it, and you guys always help me. I don't understand why a person would troll a parent board.
Some people think they're funny. Obviously they need a job or a hobby.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Its best not to try to understand them. :/ Its sad, very sad. ha.

AmyBelle

PF Fiend
Apr 20, 2008
Australia
The sad part is that there are some weird people in the world who do odd stuff like that.

Back when I was working we had a teenage girl brought in to have her appendix out, nothing out of the ordinary, but as her hospital stay went on we started to discover her mother's weird food rules, in order to keep her daughter thin. Very creepy. Both were reffered to a nutritionist and a social worker was called in, but they somehow dropped off the face of the earth.

Corgi

Sep 6, 2009
California
My dad always pushed my brother hard (they're not on speaking terms right now), and my brother just moved out on his own. He's doing extremely well for his age, or for any age at that matter, but he still hates my dad for it and likes to complain to me. I honestly get tired of it and tell my dad, but he's happy for my brother. He always says that my brother is young and won't understand, and children shouldn't be expected to understand why parents do things until they turn into parents themselves.

Hearing my friends complain, I have to agree with my dad.