How do you dry your baby/toddler after bath?...

MojoRyeZen

Jul 28, 2008
I'm curious as to how most people end up drying their baby/toddler after bathtime? We usually lay out a towel on the sink/counter and lay our toddler there to dry her off - but space it a bit limited as she gets bigger. I always cringe at the idea of putting her on the floor as we have pets and no matter how we clean, pet hair ends up on the tile floor - and ultimately on wet towels and wet babies. So, curious on what other people do -what's your routine?

Thanks
John

hawtmama

PF Enthusiast
Jan 13, 2008
AZ
Take the baby out of the tub, gently shake off the excess water, and wrap him in the towel laying on the floor.

Sucks, but God only gave me one set of hands...

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
we also have tons of fur no matter what. When she was little we dried her on the couch and the pets were not up there. Now that she is a toddler, I just wrap her in a towel after giving her a once over. SHe runs around for about 30 seconds and loses the towel and streaks!

ljmahr

PF Fiend
Oct 16, 2007
When they were little I dried them off the on the counter, you know when they were baby tub size(we have a big counter). Now I dry them off as I get them out of the tub and then wrap them in a towel and they walk to the living room take off the towel and streaks for a while. When I finally get a hold of them I dress them on the couch.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
I do something that you might want to do in your case if you can't think of anything better. I don't do this because of animal hair though, I do it cause he wont hold still and he HATES to be layed on the floor after a bath. I don't know why but it always makes him mad and he cries. So I wrap him in a towel and pick him up and just dry him off in my lap while he sits there. He finds it a lot more comfortable, and I can get him dry without him up and crawling away naked. lol but he does crawl away naked after that... just dry. I get him dressed shortly after. I just like to give him a chance to feel natural haha.

I don't know how old your daughter is, but it does help if they can sit up. Not to say you couldn't do it if they don't, but you know.

AnKsMommy

PF Fanatic
Dec 17, 2007
Japan
I dry off the baby anywhere, really. Normally on a bed. Sometimes we have dried her off on the floor, but we just lay a towel down. She moves a lot now so we give her something to play/chew on and she's pretty good after that.