How do you feel about this...

bssage

Super Moderator
Oct 20, 2008
Iowa
I know this will sound like a challange to some people:err:

But its a hard name to rhyme and make fun of.

xox.ilu.xox

PF Addict
Dec 17, 2009
Kamloops, British Columbia, Canada
Xero said:
Also, "a little discomfort" is not how I would really describe it. I think its violating personally and should only be used at absolutely neccessary times.
i completely agree.

this may be a little TMI, but here goes anyway.

when i had my emerg hysterectomy, added with 8 blood trasfusions, i was weaker then heck,my insides were all buggered cuz they had to suction out my abdomen (my uterus hemmoridged so badly that i bled out of my ovaries into my belly... :S ) so needless to say, the nurses had to give me two suppositories a day.... talk about personal violation. not to mention the catheder i had for a week, that they had to replace three times....(just makes me shutter thinking about it.) or the 4 iv lines i had that had to be moved twice too.....anywho.

hayleigh has lots of poopie issues, has since she was 1. so the occasional suppository is necessary to help things along. i feel HORRIBLE having to do it, and i wish there was more i could give her to help, but the fam.doc said that there isnt really anything we can give her til shes older, and that hopefully by then she will have grown outta it. ugh.

anywho....hope you enjoyed the lovely insight! HAHA

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
bssage said:
I know this will sound like a challange to some people:err:

But its a hard name to rhyme and make fun of.
There once was a girl name of Sage
Who worked on the streets for her wage
With her parents she'd fight,
They fought both day and night,
but her job choice they could not assuage.

\too easy

Aunt

PF Fanatic
Nov 4, 2007
my dad wasa paediatrician. Sticking a thermometer in a kid's butt used to be the most accurate way to get a reading. This is no longer the case as we have more accurate technology.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
See that's what I was thinking, with todays insanely advanced medical technology, we really still have to stick a thermometer in our kid's butts to get an appropriate temperature reading??

IADad, that was cute. :p

ilu - That sounds HORRIBLE!!! :( :(

I hate cathedars, I had no idea I would have to get one when I had a baby and I was so upset when they went to do it. I begged them to take it out the whole time. They hurt so bad and aside from that they are the most uncomfortable thing in the world. That would be horrible to have to have one in for so long!

16th ave.

PF Addict
Jan 4, 2009
East Texas
it feels like someone is forcing acid up your ****.
i made sure to get the nurses to take the dang things out asap. it didn't matter much to me that nearly every move would hurt. had to get used to moving around and past the discomfort any way. the dang catheter seemed to hurt just as much as the incisions. no way hale was i gonna deal with both.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
I had an epidural Jeremy. Sorry for not specifying, I should have figured you would pick at it.

AmyBelle

PF Fiend
Apr 20, 2008
Australia
After having to insert many catheters in my working life I was strongly against the idea of a cesarian or epidural for that reason alone.

They are the tubes ov evilness.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Do I really want to know what belongs there that's not showing up? lol

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
touseef123 - please try not to post in threads with a last post date any older than 30 days. We just don't want to bump the dead threads. Thank you! :)