how does she do it? with another on the way?...

Shaun Austin

Banned
Oct 22, 2012
My wife is 43 this year, together since we got married we have gone through 2 house moves, 6 children, ownership of millions of pets, my two career changes, my wife's career development, both of us going back to university to get more qualifications (me in counselling/psychology and teaching, my wife in Veterinary Science) our eldest two going to high school and then onto college. Anyway the thing is she still looks like the young woman i fell in love with she still has her bleach blonde hair, green eyes, and wrinkle free skin. I on the other hand have started to go grey (my poor brown hair) and I have started to wrinkle, my blue eyes haven't changed though.

Charlotte yesterday revealed that she is expecting (again) and she suggested moving (again) this time to a completly new place so that i can have a less of a comute and maybe even come home every evening rather than staying in the city and coming home for long weekends (i think she already hates that idea and its only been one week of that so far). We would also be closer to my parents, which would be good. Anyway im not so sure about it because Callum is half way through his a-levels and it would mean disruption for him and he may not be able to transfer all of them over to a new college. A close family friend offered to take him in until he had finished and then he can come and live with us after college - but we don't want this as we want our family together.

Would really like your advice on this matter but wasn't sure where to put this post so i put it here.

cybele

PF Addict
Feb 27, 2012
Australia
Hold up... didn't she just have preemie twins two months ago? How is she even ovulating properly at this point?

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
^^^^^ yeah 0__o Dang you guys really don't waste any time, do you? I mean, did you even wait the strongly recommended 6 weeks before going at it again (trying to calculate it in my head - and in order for her to have a positive test right now, it seems like you guys probably didn't lol)? You guys are going to have Irish Triplets. I would seriously kill myself. lol How can you two ever have time as a couple, or pay any attention to your other kids?? I hope you are taking the tone in what I just said the right way BTW, I don't mean that to sound rude or mean or accusing, what I mean is the idea literally blows my mind and I know for a fact that me personally I could never do it. We are done (like FOREVER done) after our two children. You two must have a super tight, hard working relationship that's all I can say! Congratulations, all babies are a blessing, and I hope the move and all works out for you guys. :) I am always happy to hear of couples who have been through it all and still come out strong and are still super in love - I love love!! lol As far as Callum, I don't know I'd have to be in your shoes and know him, but it feels to me like 16 is too young to be living away from the family. That might be because I live in America though, where you are a minor until 18 so 16 seems like still a child to me haha.

singledad

PF Addict
Oct 26, 2009
South Africa
LOL Xero.

When I read I was also like wait, what??? Congrats anyway, and wow, I'm glad I don't have to cope with that many kids!

PS: 6 weeks? Seriously, who actually waits 6 weeks? And what for? If she's up for it, why not? :p

akmom

PF Fiend
May 22, 2012
United States
Maybe the real question is... Does she do it?

You have to admit, the timeline is sort of hard to believe.

10/24/2012... You find out you're expecting. Fast forward two weeks.

11/11/2012... Ten-week sonogram reveals twins. (I might add that gestational age is pretty accurate before 12 weeks.) Fast-forward three months.

2/11/2012... Twins are born! Despite being born a mere 3 months after your wife became pregnant, they are amazingly close to full-term weight. Why should we be surprised when, eight weeks later...

4/8/2013... You're expecting again! I can't wait to hear about the sonogram in two weeks, which will reveal quadruplets. But when they're born two months later, we'll be surprised at the news that you ended up with quintuplets after all!

That's not even as impressive as your realtor must be, since you considered moving on 11/4/2012 and by 12/5/2012 you were already settled in your new place.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
singledad said:
PS: 6 weeks? Seriously, who actually waits 6 weeks? And what for? If she's up for it, why not? :p
You're bad! lmao

But in all seriousness, it's mainly recommended because of two things: 1. There is a very high risk of infection in the 6 weeks after giving birth, and that goes for keeping anything out of...there, lol, like tampons too. 2. A woman's fertility is off the charts after giving birth, no clue why. Then obviously, the whole healing up thing which I'm sure is a person by person basis. xD

Interesting akmom, I wish I was that clever at keeping track of things haha. That is a little confusing when you look at it like that...

cybele

PF Addict
Feb 27, 2012
Australia
One word for you SD, tearing.

Pretty sure the fertility thing is related to residual hormones. That said, it is uncommon for a non-breastfeeding woman to conceive in the 6 weeks following birth because ovulation doesn't start again until between 6 weeks - 3 months, for breastfeeding women, 6 months. Not set in stone and of course there are exceptions, but they are very rare.

And I think Akmom has it just about spot on.

Last edited:

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
I didn't tear with either kids, but I have heard some real horror stories. o_o

I didn't start my menstrual cycle this time around until my youngest was around 14 months old or something. Yay breastfeeding. lol

Last edited:

singledad

PF Addict
Oct 26, 2009
South Africa
cybele said:
One word for you SD, tearing.

Pretty sure the fertility thing is related to residual hormones. That said, it is uncommon for a non-breastfeeding woman to conceive in the 6 weeks following birth because ovulation doesn't start again until between 6 weeks - 3 months, for breastfeeding women, 6 months. Not set in stone and of course there are exceptions, but they are very rare.

And I think Akmom has it just about spot on.
LOL, Well, I guess Steffi's mom didn't tear. Anyway, TMI, I guess :p

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
You know, mine had normal heads at birth, I guess I was lucky there, although the oldest had a cone head when he came out lol and the youngest had skull plates overlapping.

cybele

PF Addict
Feb 27, 2012
Australia
I do love a cone-headed baby. But then I also love a forceps mark baby, I have a great photo of Sunny with a big triangular shaped bruise on her head.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Ugh they broke my water with the first one using that crochet hook looking thing, and he came out with two big bloody cuts on the top of his head. I was mad.

Flowers

PF Regular
Mar 21, 2013
Well am relatively new here, I have read all your comments and I go with akmom. Its just too unbelievable.

Shaun Austin

Banned
Oct 22, 2012
its time i told you this guys:
My name is Shaun Ward-Wilkinson
I'm a Screen writer and director, and these last months I have been posting as my latest character for a new drama series for ITV. The reason being I wanted to follow in the footsteps of my character. I am really sorry for all of this.

Now if you would like I will reintroduce my self

I'm Shaun Ward-Wilkinson as I said im a screen writer and director. My wife is called Alex and we have two children Evan (aged 5) and Annabeth (aged 2). I was adopted as I have said before, and I do have a degree in counselling. If I am no longer welcome here I understand but I just wanted the chance to say the above.

Mom2all

PF Fiend
Nov 25, 2009
Eastern North Carolina, USA
Oh well.. thats completely understandable.. pretending to be something your not with everyone and making up fake children.... I'm cool with it.

Oh... wait... I lied too. That's just creepy.

:wacko:

momandmore

PF Enthusiast
Feb 18, 2013
I agree with Mom2All. a bit disturbing as well if you really are a counselor... esp if you work with kids.:rolleyes:

cybele

PF Addict
Feb 27, 2012
Australia
I don't believe that one either.

But if it is true, you need to research things better. Much better. Unless you are writing tripped out fantasy.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Um... I am so confused. This is really weird. lol

So... you stole pictures of random kids off of the internet to post in the albums on your profile and in your signature? Or...?

If you really are a writer/director, you might want to reconsider your career options. lol