How far along when you found out boy/girl...

stepmother22

PF Regular
Feb 20, 2008
im 15 weeks, my doctor said my next ultrasound is when im 20 weeks and thats when i will find out when im having, just wanted some feed back on when everyone elso found out,, my cousin, who had a boy, found out at 16 weeks..

Trina

PF Addict
Jun 10, 2007
CT
We never found out the gender. We preferred it to be a surprise at delivery. :)

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
Trina said:
I wish I could do that...I just can't bring myself to. I think I'm nosey...lol

Mindy

PF Addict
Feb 20, 2008
QC, Canada
Trina said:
I'm not a momma yet but I was there when my god daughter was born (and all 36 hours before that!) and we never wanted to find out. She had me convinced her baby was a boy... when SHE came out if was so awesome, we didn't even think to check! The doctor actually checked and said "it's a girl" and we were totally stunned. (plus her hair was black and her mommy and daddy are both white blondes!)

Doc said it was rare and its only 1 out of 50 babies he delivers where the parents don't know the sex prior to birth.

1dayatatime

PF Addict
Oct 3, 2007
AZ
I found out when my son was born. He came out I saw his balls....Yeah a boy thank God!!! I did say he the whole time I was pregnant. I like to believe I knew my baby was a boy.

Trina

PF Addict
Jun 10, 2007
CT
Mindy said:
Doc said it was rare and its only 1 out of 50 babies he delivers where the parents don't know the sex prior to birth.
We could have found out when I was pregnant with our first, but it wasn't an option the second time around. We had moved, and the new OB/GYN practice didn't do routine ultrasounds. They only did them if problems were suspected. I never had an US when pregnant with DD.

The gender simply didn't matter to us. We wanted to keep it a surprise. Besides, I knew of several couples who were told one gender and the baby turned out to be the other. Oops! :eek: LOL!

stepmother22

PF Regular
Feb 20, 2008
we would love a girl, we already have a boy so ,, i think it would be nice to have one of each,, but we have to know,lol,, i want to set up the nursery and have everything ready, plus since its my first child ( my other is my step son) my moms giving me a shower and they will help buyin stuff i need,, cuz we need everything,, so i want to know. well we both do

jtee

Banned
Jun 24, 2007
We didn't find out in advance, but my wife was certian it was a girl and didn't even consider any boys names.

Ari2

PF Fiend
Jan 7, 2008
Twenty weeks with my boy and girl twins (I found out I was expecting twins at around week 11).

Anna78

PF Enthusiast
Jul 8, 2007
London, UK
Generally people find out between 18 and 22 weeks, but I think it can be seen a little earlier. I found out at 19 weeks and it was very obvious its a boy lol

stepmother22

PF Regular
Feb 20, 2008
well i went to the doctor on Feb 27 ( i was almost 16 weeks) and she said i could have my ultrasound within 3-4 weeks, so when i told the receptionist i wanted the earliest appt i could get lol... so i go back March 19( i'll be 19 weeks) we are hoping a girl !!! so please pray for us, and a healthy baby !!

Amber

PF Addict
Feb 8, 2008
Knoxville, TN
I found out with Cameron and Lauren. I choose not to find out with Kaylynn just to see if I could go that long without knowing. It near killed me, but I did it.

Shari Nielsen

PF Enthusiast
Jan 21, 2008
CT
About 18-19 weeks w/ all 4. So far the ultrasound techs were 100% correct.

I read somewhere in a parenting magazine that moms can basically pee on a stick and find out the sex extremely early. I don't remember the specifics but I think it was before week 12.

Mindy

PF Addict
Feb 20, 2008
QC, Canada
Just wanted to add suggestions for those of you who would love a surprise (and it really is GREAT!) if you are worrying about the nursery and such...

Pale yellow and green work for both sexes. We had a beautiful crib set for my goddaughter that was white, pale green and yellow and it had sheep on it... It was so cool too when we realized baby girl would be an Aries ;)