How far along when you found out boy/girl...

Claire64

PF Fanatic
Mar 10, 2008
I didn't find out until they were born for the first two and for the last three it was at about 16-18 weeks.

mom2tucknkae

Mar 27, 2008
For our first born, we found out at our first sonogram (11-13 weeks)!!! We were so happy to be having a baby boy!
Our second child, we didn't find out because at the only sonogram we had, she was too stubborn to move... I had a feeling but we did enjoy the surprise at delivery to find out she was our baby girl!

gr8mom

PF Fanatic
Mar 1, 2008
Texas
When they were born. I appologize to those of you who read this before I edited it. I thought it was asking when we found out we were preg. I actually did wait until they were born to find out boy/girl. I like surprises.

AmyBelle

PF Fiend
Apr 20, 2008
Australia
I was 20 weeks. I found out, DH didnt want to know, so he was left out of the loop and wasnt allowed into her bedroom, otherwise he would see the pink.

Music-dad

PF Addict
Apr 22, 2008
Right here. Right now.
When she popped out.

Her Memere (Grandma) was in the room with us, and says "It's a boy" and the doc says "No, it's a girl"...

So a few weeks later, Memere gives her this lovely baby-in-a-carriage, Xmas tree ornament, not knowing in tiny print on the back it reads "It's a boy"

Proudly hung for 4 Xmas' so far. :)

ljmahr

PF Fiend
Oct 16, 2007
We just found out about our 5th last week. I was 22 weeks and ITS A BOY!!!

Suzanne84

PF Regular
May 12, 2008
I found out one of the twins was a girl but they couldnt see what the other was so she was a surprise. That was bout 19weeks
Then found out was having a boy @ bout 21 weeks

budnkota

PF Fanatic
Mar 28, 2008
Indiana
I chose not to find out. All I cared was that he was certain there was only one!

They didn't know my mom was having twins - the doc even left the room with the first one (emergency- very premature). My mom had to tell them there was something going on still.

How's THAT for a surprise!?!!

Pouncy

May 28, 2008
Portland, Oregon
We found out with all three of our babies :)
The first time my husband wanted it to be a surprise so we went the first 6 months without looking, but it about killed me. Then curiosity got the better of him and we found out it was a boy :D
We found out about the other two as soon as we could, both at about 21 weeks.

chars24

PF Regular
May 27, 2008
I found out when she was born. We were not interested in finding the gender from the beginning. I bought unisex clothes before she was born and i am happy for that. Everything is not pink, thankfully. :)

Sirk

Your Forum Mom
Apr 1, 2008
ivybendorf said:
Never, with either child. Its one of the few true surprises in life, why spoil it?
To go shopping! :D

With Lita, I didn't find out till like 7 months. The first hospital I went to wouldn't tell you so they wouldn't get sued if they got it wrong. I switched for many reasons.
With Anya, 14 weeks I think?

I "knew" all of my kids's gender before they were confirmed, though.