How old am I ?...

bssage

Super Moderator
Oct 20, 2008
Iowa
So today is payday. I go to the bank and get a pocket full of cash.

Run some errands and pick up dog food.

Driving down Main I think to myself (using my old man voice) "I should try one of those new fangled breakfast breakfast sandwich's at Wendy's. Yes that would be nice."

On the way to Wendy's I forget what I was doing. (old man voice) "Dagnabit I know I was going to do something."

And I end up at the other end of town before I remember I wanted a sandwich.

:frown::frown:

NancyM

PF Addict
Jul 2, 2010
New York
OMG that's funny bssage. lol I do that a lot lately.

I hate it most when I go into another room for something and I know I really need it, but I can't remember for the life of me what it was. It's so annoying.

Than I get back in the other room and it starts all over again. lol:rolleyes:

Shaun Austin

Banned
Oct 22, 2012
Yeah thats hilarious, I also had a similar experience recently I was on the school run and forgot what I was doing. The plan was take the younger three to school, and then go on to work. Now to take Cameron and Maddie to their current school, I have to drive past work (and Callum's Sixth-Form). Now on this particular day we were running late, it was my busiest and longest day of the week at work and I was already stressed and it was only about 8:30 in the morning. I haden't slept the evening before and well when I drove past work I forgot about the two kids on the back seat, turned the car around thinking why had I drove past work and not turned into the car park. Then drove into the car park and parked the car, turned of the engine and got out. At this point Callum goes err dad what about them two (pointing to the Cameron and Maddie). I was like oh crap was not my best morning, and the day wasn't too good either.

Last edited:

Juan

Nov 12, 2012
That's really strange. Next thing you know you'll forget how your kids look or what their names are or even your own name :) (Hope it will never happen)

Last edited by a moderator:

Shaun Austin

Banned
Oct 22, 2012
yeah my mum did that we recently travelled down as a family to see my parents, and first of all she forgot my wifes name!!! which was quite awkward and worrying considering we have been married for 20 years and have been together for another 5 years on top of that. Then she called Cameron Callum while they were in the same room and then wondered why Callum looked around and Cameron didn't. Then to finish it off during dinner around the table, she called me Luke getting me mixed up with my older brother by two years who was also there she was like Luke can you pass the peas please? he goes no i don't have them. she goes to him I wasn't talking to you Jake. Mixing him up with my one of my other brothers who wasn't even there!!! It worrys me because dementia runs in our family so who knows.

Last edited:

Shaun Austin

Banned
Oct 22, 2012
Its funny isn't it that they can do the funniest things as they get older. It makes me think if I can forget that im meant to be dropping my kids off how long it will be before i forget their names or what have you, and they'll be in our place of thinking its funny. :) thats quite a scary thought to be honest isn't it.

Juan

Nov 12, 2012
Well, it's quite scary when your old people don't recognize you, but it's ok if they just mix up our names, i think it's normal for a big family.