How to make a photo mosaic...

jgomez65

PF Enthusiast
Mar 13, 2008
For those of you who like photography, here is a free software you can use to create a photo mosaic (see the example below)

The program is called Photo Mosaik and it can be downloaded for free here:

www.sixdots.de | Foto-Mosaik-Edda | It's so easy to create mosaic-pictures.

This picture of my daughter was created with 89 different pictures (the more pictures you use, the better resolution it will have)
Be creative!

Original Photo:

Photo Mosaic

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
so you use one as the base i.e. the upper pic you posted, then you direct it to the pics you want it to make into the mosaic? and presumebly those are all other picutres of her as well. How large do you have to print it to see the individual mosaic pics? I'd think that would be the real cool part if you were going to display or give as a gift.

It looks really cool.

jgomez65

PF Enthusiast
Mar 13, 2008
IADad said:
so you use one as the base i.e. the upper pic you posted, then you direct it to the pics you want it to make into the mosaic? and presumebly those are all other picutres of her as well. How large do you have to print it to see the individual mosaic pics? I'd think that would be the real cool part if you were going to display or give as a gift.

It looks really cool.
Yes, IADad, that is pretty much the process.

You can print it 8X10 and you'll be able to see the small pics. The bigger the picture, the better.

If you want a poster size, you can create the mosaic, save it on a flash drive and take it to Wallgreen. You can order a 20x30 poster for only $14.99. It is a pretty neat gift.

crystal

Jul 29, 2009
Oh, this is great. Thank you jgomez65 for posting. I saw a photo mosaic one time in a mall and I'm wondering how did they do it. I was just amazed and then I forget the incident and now you made me remember it again. I thought they were just creative and artistic but oh, it was just a software.

L..

PF Regular
Jun 19, 2009
I have heard that before,but I don't know how to use,too lazy to learn<EMOJI seq="1f192">:cool:</EMOJI>
Your picture is really cool;)