How would you feel?...

FooserX

PF Addict
Jul 11, 2007
Denver
I can't see these sites...

Is it some site that collects pics of kids from the net, and then lets pedophiles comment on them in some sick way?

Lissa

PF Visionary
Sep 12, 2007
symphonyodd said:
Yeah, no... Not cool at all... why.. is there something I am missing?
Mods, before you delete anything, realize that this is public information. I'm going to reference some posts by a certain member so that all parents here can decide for themselves if they are "missing something." I'm not being accusatory. I'm not doing anything wrong by posting another member's words.

Because it is a very real problem in our society. Albeit overblown way out of proportion. I am sick of everyone hating a whole group of people when some of them are actually very good and kind people. It is not right and I am willing (at least on the internet) to stand up for them somewhat. As long as they do not cross any lines.

Oh and once a person is in or finishes puberty they are fertile. Meaning that it is naturally normal for a person to be attracted to them. I never said it was okay to do anything about it.
What do you think of when you think pedophile? A big fat greasy hairy guy that stalks nine year old girls? Or a freaky looking guy in a trench coat asking kids to go to his car for candy?

I bet actually a pedophile can be some 15 year old kid being depressed and confused because he has feelings for younger girls. He cannot ask anyone for help because most people think like you! He isn't sick. He was just unlucky. And a lot of times pedophiles love kids but then they are attracted to them so the conflicting feelings depress them. And once again they have no one to go to because everyone will freak out.

Once they offend though I really do not care. Bring the law down on them hard. But why did they offend? Maybe if we would help them they wouldn't?
Sorry for both is most likely is NOT a choice. But it CAN happen I guess maybe not but MOST DO NOT choose.

lol I did up above you must have missed it.

Me a pedophile? No I personally think it is <I>kinda</I> disgusting to be attracted to kids. <I>Besides why would I even tell you if I was?</I>
(emphasis added)

One: I hate bigotry. I am against generalizing and that is what people do when they think of someone sexually attracted to kids. That they are all sick freaks that do not care for kids at all. When it is quite the oppisite usually.

Two: My views on sexuality are very open. I am a normal heterosexual but I do not see why people feel sex is dirty and harmful unless it is physically harmful or is forced. Also most trauma comes from other peoples reactions. The issue is not dealt with rationally when a child is molested.
This man was not a representation of all pedophiles. People think that the second someone is a pedophile they lose all empathy and becomes monsters. They are still humans! They still love, laugh, cry, smile, and all that other great stuff. Sure some offend. They then get the punishment they deserve and we should rationally handle the situation with the child.

Quote:
Then why are you so obsessed with the topic? Do you personally know someone that is a pedofile?
I have stated before I have talked with pedophiles. You do not know how happy they were that someone who was not a pedophile didn't hate them. Albeit the pedophiles I talked to considered themselves Child Lovers. A group of pedophiles that practice abstinence but do not necessarily agree with society. A group in which many are dads or brothers and cousins and what not who just enjoy making kids happy.

Posted by Lissa
[/URL] <I>Are you still in touch with these people?</I>

With two of them yes. We talk occasionally.
<i>
</i>

(emphasis added)

It depends on the picture. CP laws are very strange in America. If it is a naked child then yes they can consider it CP especially if he is getting sexual pleasure from the picture. If it is a clothed picture than no nothing illegal. And as long as he is participating in the forum and not just leeching pictures I don't see why he cannot remain. But this is my opinion. No harm is being done to the child in anyway at all and it is probably good the pedophile is releasing sexual tension in a safe manner.
(emphasis added)

Ari2

PF Fiend
Jan 7, 2008
Lissa said:
How would you feel if one of these sickos was on our forum?

How about someone on this forum defending these people?

Is that okay with you?
My answers: Sickened. Sickened, puzzled, and suspicious. No.

1dayatatime

PF Addict
Oct 3, 2007
AZ
Lissa, I sometimes think your overly paranoid about pics of Prince O but after all the posts on this thread I must reconsider. Personally if any person touched my kids in a perverse fashion I would end them. Or at least leave an impression that would last at long on them as it would on my child. It sickens me to know that pediphiles are protected in the prison system. Segragated from the general population.

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
They are not protected in the prisons, they keep hush hush about it because other inmates would kill them. I know this first hand. My mother was a prison gaurd.

1dayatatime

PF Addict
Oct 3, 2007
AZ
So was my husband they ask for protective custody because they fear for their lives. One of the yards my hubby worked on was the PC yard- chimo's and snitches.

Lissa

PF Visionary
Sep 12, 2007
1dayatatime said:
Lissa, I sometimes think your overly paranoid about pics of Prince O but after all the posts on this thread I must reconsider. Personally if any person touched my kids in a perverse fashion I would end them. Or at least leave an impression that would last at long on them as it would on my child. It sickens me to know that pediphiles are protected in the prison system. Segragated from the general population.
I know I am overly protective and a paranoid freak about my son. But I think that I, along with other parents here, should feel the same fear, disgust and shock that I do right now. If they don't, something is wrong. I'm not overreacting. This is all real. There is a group of people on the internet that call themselves child lovers or boylovers and they think it's okay. It's NOT okay. It's not okay with me. It's not okay with the law. And it should not be okay on this forum.

1dayatatime

PF Addict
Oct 3, 2007
AZ
Totally agree with you. You scared/shocked some sense into me. I'll pull my head out of the hearts flowers and rainbows for at least a little bit.

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
it is not OK on this forum...please do not put things out there like we think it's OK for pediphiles to come to this forum. I take great offense to that. I have done everything in my power to make sure this is a safe place for parents to come and talk about things. Be respectful of the fact that we are doing our best

jtee

Banned
Jun 24, 2007
fallon said:
it is not OK on this forum...please do not put things out there like we think it's OK for pediphiles to come to this forum. I take great offense to that. I have done everything in my power to make sure this is a safe place for parents to come and talk about things. Be respectful of the fact that we are doing our best
Thanks Fallon. If anyone has concerns about the forum's support, or lack of support, for anything that is illegal, we can not allow it to be debated publicly. The members in the form are welcome to voice their concerns privately with the moderators or admins.

There is nothing wrong with quoting other members and then providing your own comments.

1dayatatime

PF Addict
Oct 3, 2007
AZ
I personally did not read anything I considered an attack on the managment of this forum. Unfortunaly pediphilles dont have a red flashing light or a bell to warn us when they approach. We all have the power to report any post we feel uneasy about.

jtee

Banned
Jun 24, 2007
Discussions on the moderator's decisions will be removed. This is a very touchy subject that needs to be held in check and the best way to accomplish that is to let everyone know we are serious about limiting the scope of the discussion.

Lissa

PF Visionary
Sep 12, 2007
I never said that this forum allows pedofiles as members. I said I didn't think that they should be allowed in this forum. I am not attacking management. If I were attacking management, I would use private messaging. This is a public matter that I think everyone should be aware of.

jtee

Banned
Jun 24, 2007
Officially we do not support\allow any open discussions about promoting illegal activities. If a person were to openly admit they have committed a crime, it would be a matter for the moderators along with the people who pay the bills to decide how it should be handled.