Hurting Step-mom in IL...

Mommyof4in11

PF Regular
Jan 19, 2013
South Central IL
I have the two most wonderful step children a women could ever ask for. They have been my bonus babies since late 03. In the last 9 years I have watched them grow and become wonderful teenagers. Now in the last year the bio mom has come back into the picture once me and their father finally got married. Yes it took us 8 years but we both had really bad past marriages and wasn't ready to jump head in again. She started early last year for filling against my husband for custody. I had to watch from the sidelines as they hurt cried and greaved.( she waited until my mother in law was terminal with only weeks to live to file this custody paper work) She had not seen the children in 7 years no calls no cards no gifts at christmas or a birthday not even easter. She demanded full custody with no visitation to my husband. He battled until early July when the judge denied her motion now he has been in and out of court more than a dozen times with her. I have the children cry in my lap at night they don't want to see her or talk to her. No matter what he or I say to them help. We try and tell them that she loves them and must have had her reason for being gone so long but at 14 they won't hear it. When they were younger and she never showed up we just held them and told them that she was busy and when she had a minute she would come by. We have always told them that she loves them but now they just yell at us that she don't. Recently she kicked them out of her house with orders not to return 6 months later she takes my husband to cou
The court tells my husband that he must use force and make them go if necessary. The kids were screaming and crying Friday as he took them to the meeting point and had to literly pry them out of the backseat and force them into her car. I can't stand to see my family hurting this way. Yes he filed a motion to termimate her visitation but that can take so long. They do drugs and sell them from the home. My step daughter called me so that I could hear her mother yelling at her calling her an ungrateful bitch and a little snit cause she couldn't tell her that she remember her mother having cancer (and no she didn't have cancer by the way) and she had a whole family she had never met. None of those things are G's falt. She was 6 nine years ago. And to the family that's her fault she ran out on them and never wanted to see them anymore. What can a person do I cry I can't sleep I hurt and all I can do is watch all this happen it's so hard

momandmore

PF Enthusiast
Feb 18, 2013
I'm so sorry you are going through this. I can relate.. I don't have as many years invested as you and I can't even imagine! I'm sorry I don't have advice for you. I wish for the best in this matter :(