I HATE birthdays!...

FooserX

PF Addict
Jul 11, 2007
Denver
<r><FONT font="Arial"><s></s>I am so SICK of birthday parties!<e></e></FONT><br/>
<FONT font="Arial"><s></s> <e></e></FONT><br/>
<FONT font="Arial"><s></s>We went to one of Bradley’s classmate’s parties at Chuck E Cheese about 2 months ago, and since then, we’re been to 2 more with another one coming up on April 5th. It’s like once we went to the first party, we became trapped in this terminal birthday cult where everyone invites everyone else, and you have to have your party at a cool “hip” place that costs lots of money. <e></e></FONT><br/>
<FONT font="Arial"><s></s>And then, you feel like you have to invite the same kids who invited you to their party, even if your kid doesn’t like them. It’s like we’re being punished because our son is the sweetest coolest kid in the school <E>:p</E> so now we’re out $10 every time one of his friends has a party. <e></e></FONT><br/>
<FONT font="Arial"><s></s>Plus our son’s birthday is on April 4th, and just when we were about to put up invitations, ANOTHER kid put his up first for that same weekend! Lol…so now we can’t have it! We're actually planning OUR son's party around another kid! Whoa...this is so new to me...It's like you need to be on your game or else your son misses it!<e></e></FONT><br/>
<FONT font="Arial"><s></s>Oh yeah, and let’s not forget the fact that Bradley wants to have his party at every location that his friends have. First it’s Chuck E Cheese. Then it’s Fat City. Then it’s Pump it Up…it never ends. And he wants the same cake that all his friends have. <e></e></FONT><br/>
<FONT font="Arial"><s></s>I’m about ready to put the foot down on parties and start boycotting them all together!<e></e></FONT></r>

Lissa

PF Visionary
Sep 12, 2007
<r><QUOTE author="FooserX;39390"><s></s>I’m about ready to put the foot down on parties and start boycotting them all together!<e></e></FONT><e>[/quote]</e></QUOTE>
<br/>
Why not?</r>

Good Wolf

PF Addict
Mar 11, 2008
TX
How about this. Don't do what everyone else is doing and just do what you want to. Your kid is #1 and for his party to take a back seat to some other kid's simply because they put out the invites first is ridiculous.

FooserX

PF Addict
Jul 11, 2007
Denver
Lissa said:
that's just it...

It's all one big trap.

If we boycott them all...then no one will want to come to Bradley's party when it's his turn. lol

We have to go.

Lissa

PF Visionary
Sep 12, 2007
Good Wolf said:
How about this. Don't do what everyone else is doing and just do what you want to. Your kid is #1 and for his party to take a back seat to some other kid's simply because they put out the invites first is ridiculous.
I agree 100%.

FooserX

PF Addict
Jul 11, 2007
Denver
Good Wolf said:
then he doesn't get to invite his friends....duh???

Because they all share the same friends.

And on a kid level...that translates to less presents. (which he so convieniently pointed out to me this morning)

Kim

PF Fiend
Apr 3, 2007
St. Louis, MO
WHYTEKNYGHT2003 said:
why not talk to the other parent and have a combined party?
That's what we're doing next year - there's a girl in Hannah's class whose birthday is the day after Hannah's. We're having a joint party next year. Should be about $200 cheaper next year, woohoo!

My question is how you figure you are only out $10 for a gift? I can never manage to spend less than $40 - but that is including gift, gift bag, tissue paper, card, etc as well but still.

FooserX

PF Addict
Jul 11, 2007
Denver
hannah's mommy said:
My question is how you figure you are only out $10 for a gift? I can never manage to spend less than $40 - but that is including gift, gift bag, tissue paper, card, etc as well but still.

lol....the damn wrapping!

Yeah, we buy the $1 generic bag at walmart and don't put in tissue or a card.

They never even know who gave it to the kid, but at least we're saving $3!

Kim

PF Fiend
Apr 3, 2007
St. Louis, MO
FooserX said:
lol....the damn wrapping!

Yeah, we buy the $1 generic bag at walmart and don't put in tissue or a card.

They never even know who gave it to the kid, but at least we're saving $3!
That's so cheap, lol. I guess though if there's 20 kids in the class who each have a party, that's $60...

FooserX

PF Addict
Jul 11, 2007
Denver
hannah's mommy said:
That's so cheap, lol. I guess though if there's 20 kids in the class who each have a party, that's $60...
And that's just the kids in his class.

We still have family...and my wife's family has a bazillion people...so we always have a birthday, baby shower, wedding shower...etc...

I figure the occasions are costing my family $500 a year easy.

Ari2

PF Fiend
Jan 7, 2008
Sounds like hell. And I agree that you can't just ignore what others are doing or your kid will pay the price.

No advice from me. Just the thought of multiple rounds of Chuck E. Cheese and reciprocal party invitations makes me :arghh:.

I hope you find a way out of the birthday maze and your son has a great day (April 4th is my birthday as well - don't worry, no party invitations here ;)).

Kim

PF Fiend
Apr 3, 2007
St. Louis, MO
Foos that looks a lot like the place we had Hannah's at. we didn't do the goody bags they had, I went to the $1 store and got a bunch of playdo and stuff like that and made my own - it cost about $20 total - Monkey Joe's wanted $4 each for theirs, X 20 is $80 for goody bags!

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
We only go to the cool one's. If it's a pool party we don't go or a house b-day party...lame.
Our party's always rock. I turned my house into a theatre and it was awesome. Consession stand and all. TONS of popcorn in a huge popcorn machine, I had it set up just like the stand. The kids all had glow sticks and the house was lit with candles and glow sticks and we watched a cool movie on the big screen and then the kids went off to tear up my son's room. They had a blast!