I need help...

tiquin

Feb 14, 2008
Hello,I have just registered in the hope that someone can help me with my four year old daughter.She is usually a well behaved child but over the last week she has turned into a monster.She is on antobiotics(the second lot in four weeks)so I´m hoping her being ill has something to do with it.She has become unbearable and would argue black is white for the sake of arguing.She never stops calling me,her dad and little sister names and she has become really aggressive, at times even hitting herself which really worries me.What do I do in this situation? ,I am a primary teacher and usually manage to cope with most situations but she has me stumped this time.I have tried various methods,ignoring and not rising to the bait,talking and reassuring her how much I love her even shouting when i´ve reached the end of my tether.Hope someone can help us .soon

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
I saw a huge change in my daughter while she is on antibiotics and we are round three. Give her lots of water and patience. Her little body is fighting it's hardest right now and chemically it's really alot for them.
Sorry you are going through this.

aliinnc

PF Fanatic
Jan 10, 2008
Raleigh NC
I find it helps to remove yourself from the argument. What I like to do is quietly ask, "What are you doing wrong right now?"

It has really worked for me. My kids will argue forever with me if I'm willing to argue back. So I just stop.
Ali

AnKsMommy

PF Fanatic
Dec 17, 2007
Japan
She's probably hurting from the infections and the antib's are making her act up. Ear infections tend to make kids go a little crazy.