I need some advice...

spankys3304

PF Regular
May 11, 2008
Pittsburgh
fallon said:
chances are she probably is a good women but it is to soon for her to be sleeping over while the child is there. You made the right choice by not going to the school because your daughter will probably handle letting everyone know what she saw. The teacher made a poor choice by staying the night. You may not be able to control the relationship she has with your ex and you should probably just stay out of that other then letting know it really isn't a great idea to bring other women around so soon. Maybe make a deal with him that you'll both keep other men or women away from her for at least 6 months??? it just isn't good for her. When I left my ex I promised myself I would never let another man around her until I was sure I was spending the rest of my life with him. I feel very good about the choice I made and I am marrying the only other man she's ever seen me with in 2 wks. There's no reason for you daughter to have to go through dating with you guys. Stay in good graces with your ex as much as possbile and if he can't make that deal with you I hope you will consider making it with yourself. Your daughter will thank you for it someday. I really hope everything works out for you and your little girl
I thought we had made that deal, soem time ago and I feel the exact same way about my daughter not meeting someone until I feel that I will spend the rest of my life with him.. I do feel like you know me those are my feelings..

busymomofmany

May 7, 2008
Is no one going to talk about the elephant in the room? You are sleeping with a man who is no longer your husband. How confusing is that for your daughter?

spankys3304

PF Regular
May 11, 2008
Pittsburgh
My daughter has no idea that her father and I were still sleeping together, besides the fact that he is still her father. We discussed only a few months ago that we were going to work on our relationship and work on getting back together.

She never woke up in the middle of the night and found us in bed together like she did her teacher.

meow_173

PF Addict
Jan 3, 2008
Hamilton, Ontario
Ok, so you got a divorce or separation......you're still sleeping with each other, your hubby as a gf; and if sleepoing with you as well makes it cheating on the gf.

I think you're suffering from jealousy issues. mind you i would be as well if i was sleeping with a guy who is my ex hubby and he has a younger gf that he's also sleeping with....*rolls eyes*

FooserX

PF Addict
Jul 11, 2007
Denver
While I think Spanky sleeping with her husband while he has a gf is pretty dumb - that is her decision. She'll have to deal with all of the hurt that goes along with that.

But she's right...the child wasn't involved in it...and as far as the child knows, they are still mom and dad.

I can see why the Dad is doing this. Pretty much ALL of my friends take the easy road. It's easy to hop into bed with another warm body as opposed to working on yourself or thinking of your kids.

spankys3304

PF Regular
May 11, 2008
Pittsburgh
FooserX said:
While I think Spanky sleeping with her husband while he has a gf is pretty dumb - that is her decision. She'll have to deal with all of the hurt that goes along with that.

But she's right...the child wasn't involved in it...and as far as the child knows, they are still mom and dad.

I can see why the Dad is doing this. Pretty much ALL of my friends take the easy road. It's easy to hop into bed with another warm body as opposed to working on yourself or thinking of your kids.
I'm sorry if I didn't make it clear earlier, The first I found out about this gf was on Saturday, the after my DD told me. I had no idea... I thought he and I were working on us.

.:Kalli Rae:.

PF Fiend
Apr 18, 2008
Rapid City SD
spankys3304 said:
I'm sorry if I didn't make it clear earlier, The first I found out about this gf was on Saturday, the after my DD told me. I had no idea... I thought he and I were working on us.
Your ex sounds like my ex. Dirtbag. I'm sorry to hear that. :(

spankys3304

PF Regular
May 11, 2008
Pittsburgh
meow_173 said:
Ok, so you got a divorce or separation......you're still sleeping with each other, your hubby as a gf; and if sleepoing with you as well makes it cheating on the gf.

I think you're suffering from jealousy issues. mind you i would be as well if i was sleeping with a guy who is my ex hubby and he has a younger gf that he's also sleeping with....*rolls eyes*

BTW she's not youger

spankys3304

PF Regular
May 11, 2008
Pittsburgh
meow_173 said:
But you get my drift right?
Not really, I had no idea he had a GF until my DD told me on Saturday, and none of your response has anything to do woth the issue that my DD saw Daddy in bed with his teacher and that is the issue here.

My DD did not want to go to school today. I wonder why that is?

meow_173

PF Addict
Jan 3, 2008
Hamilton, Ontario
I wouldn't want to go back either. Its a really twisted web we weave with relationships. I don't think your ex did a very good job on making his "gf" NOT his gf to your DD. But i don't know how well you guys are at communication...so it would be hard to talk to him or not

FooserX

PF Addict
Jul 11, 2007
Denver
spankys3304 said:
My DD did not want to go to school today. I wonder why that is?
Absolutely time to talk to school authorities!!

Unacceptable!

Maybe give your ex and the teacher one more chance to make a better decision??

I agree with you Spanky...this is so outrageous.

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
HappyMomma said:
Talk about a major conflict of interests here. Sounds like your daughter is pretty confused right now.
I agree...I think it's time for everyone to have a talk

spankys3304

PF Regular
May 11, 2008
Pittsburgh
meow_173 said:
I wouldn't want to go back either. Its a really twisted web we weave with relationships. I don't think your ex did a very good job on making his "gf" NOT his gf to your DD. But i don't know how well you guys are at communication...so it would be hard to talk to him or not
I did try talking to him last night and it was useless, he got all pissed off when I wouldn't promise to not talk to the school, then told me that their plan was to pull my DD aside at school and tell her that she needed to keep the sleep over a secret.

In my eyes that is no better then a pedofile telling a child to keep a secret.

When I called to let the school know she was not coming in today, I spoke with the GF and she had the nerve to ask me if the was what DD wanted. I am surprised that I kept my cool. I did however tell her that she and my ex made this bed now they have to lie in it.

I feel that right now I am the only grown up in this whole mess and I'm the one cleaning it up, for the benefit of my DD.

FooserX

PF Addict
Jul 11, 2007
Denver
I don't think I would show too much aggravation about the sleepover to the school board, but I definitely would tell them that you do not appreciate the teacher insinuating that the little girl should "keep a seceret"

No wonder she didn't want to go to school and face someone who is asking her to lie.