I need some advice...

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
Isn't your daughter in daycare? Or is this a public school? Regardless if you get her fired he is still going to see her.
The little girl should not have issues. You need to have a heart to heart with her.

spankys3304

PF Regular
May 11, 2008
Pittsburgh
musicmom said:
Isn't your daughter in daycare? Or is this a public school? Regardless if you get her fired he is still going to see her.
The little girl should not have issues. You need to have a heart to heart with her.
THis is a private preschool that she attends 2 days a week.

It has been very tempting to go in there and get her fired, but I know that is not the best solution. I just don't want my DD thinking if she likes her teacher that the teacher might come home and have sleepovers in Daddy's bed.

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
Can you just talk to the teacher and explain your concerns?
Alot of private preschools do not have the same stipulations as public school so she might be allowed to do what she's doing. Especially if it's a religious school. She may not have to be certified. I'd back ground check her or ask for her credentials. Better safe then sorry.

spankys3304

PF Regular
May 11, 2008
Pittsburgh
musicmom said:
Can you just talk to the teacher and explain your concerns?
Alot of private preschools do not have the same stipulations as public school so she might be allowed to do what she's doing. Especially if it's a religious school. She may not have to be certified. I'd back ground check her or ask for her credentials. Better safe then sorry.
I did have a sit down with her on Sunday, she said she was sorry and the she handeld things wrong, but when she and my ex decided to pull my DD aside and tell her to keep secrets, that's where I draw the line.

can you suggest how I would go about the background check?

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
You should be able to walk into the school and ask to see her credentials and also her fingerprint card. You could always do a public record search on her for whatever county she's lived in, they are free.
You have the right to know who's teaching in that school.

busymomofmany

May 7, 2008
<I>can you suggest how I would go about the background check?</I>

That depends....are you asking for a background check because she is the girlfriend? Then no, you don't go to the school for that. You go to the police station. And put the shoe on the other foot. Next time you have a semi-serious relationship, be prepared that he may ask for a background check on your new man too.

If you are asking for a background check because you have concerns about her as a teacher, then you should go to the school.

spankys3304

PF Regular
May 11, 2008
Pittsburgh
I truely am more worried about her husband, who I have found out is an air marshall.. Supposedly he doesn't know about my x and his wife. Where does he think she has been since Saturday???

Music-dad

PF Addict
Apr 22, 2008
Right here. Right now.
IMO this situation needs to be dealt with VERY soon!

Trust me, I watch CourtTV, and this is almost what I expect to be the next case,.

I don't mean to be rude, but this is the textbook situation, so thwart the situation NOW. Her husband needs to be brought up to speed (when he is not carrying a firearm)

*I am not saying anything bad will happen* but c'mon...live in the now!

Seriously, holy crap what a mess this has now become.

I personally now see this as a "difficult" situation.....I pray to god I'm wrong.

Amber

PF Addict
Feb 8, 2008
Knoxville, TN
Wow. She's married as well?

Personally, any woman who is married and sleeping with a child's father of the school she works at who asks a child to lie to cover up their secret love-plan is clearly, IMO, not a good role model for my child.

I'm sure the divorce issue is hard, especially since you two still had relations after you split. And normally, I'd say what goes on in his sexual life is none of your concern. But it's apparent it's not going to be kept a secret, even though it means possibly hurting your daughter. I would talk to her again, and if that doesn't work, talk to the school. She's totally unprofessional and out of line when she involved the child.

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
She said it was her ex I thought.
I can't lie, I've background checked people. My right. Why not.

Amber

PF Addict
Feb 8, 2008
Knoxville, TN
musicmom said:
She said it was her ex I thought.
I can't lie, I've background checked people. My right. Why not.

No, the teacher. Her husband is an air marshall.

And I've background checked people as well. My ex's aunt used to watch my kids all the time while I worked. She met some guy offline and he just seemed creepy to me, so I ran one. Didn't find anything, but still didn't feel comfortable anymore letting my kids over there alone.

FooserX

PF Addict
Jul 11, 2007
Denver
I would just go right to the school, and get all of this on record ASAP.

It's not professional in any way...especially since they are involving the kids in the class. It's downright damaging to the kids in my mind.

maiya2008

May 15, 2008
Complicated. It seems that you still have a great amount of feelings for him, I think it is jealousy. I am not making a negative statement, it just seems that you still love him and why not you guys have a 3 1/2 year old daughter and been divorced for only 6 months. Well I don't what to tell you other than if your still in love with him get him back or just try to ignore the fact he is falling in love with another woman.

[/URL]

maiya2008

May 15, 2008
But she's separated right. If my wife and I were separated I think we would arrange some kind of agreement onto whether dating would be acceptable. Plus being separated, thats like the final step to being divorced. right??

Thank you for the welcoming.

[/URL]

HappyMomma

PF Addict
Mar 7, 2008
Wylie, TX
spankys3304 said:
All I know is that her ex is former military and is with the federal government, and she looked terrified when I asked about him.
OooKay... I got really confused so the teacher is actually separated from her husband?

FooserX

PF Addict
Jul 11, 2007
Denver
maiya2008 said:
Plus being separated, thats like the final step to being divorced. right??

First of all, dating so soon after ANY loving long term relationship doesn't allow you time to heal. If you have read all of these posts, you'll see that the husband is sleeping with the wife, and then a week later...sleeping with her daughter's teacher.

Second of all, Spanky is 100% in the right for being concerned about letting her daughter witness all of this. The dad is teaching her daughter that it's not only okay to quit on commitments, but that love and sex are so casual that you can do and share it with anyone.

There is no jealousy there...I mean...I'm sure there is after he just slept with her and lied....but her main outrage is that her daughter is thrown in the middle of things and was asked to lie and not tell anyone!

I don't see where you are coming from at all.

spankys3304

PF Regular
May 11, 2008
Pittsburgh
maiya2008 said:
But she's separated right. If my wife and I were separated I think we would arrange some kind of agreement onto whether dating would be acceptable. Plus being separated, thats like the final step to being divorced. right??

Thank you for the welcoming.

http://www.thedealmachines.com

That is what I am being told but she was living with him as lat as Saturday morning. That doesn't sound too seperated to me.