I really don't understand...

cybele

PF Addict
Feb 27, 2012
Australia
How in a house of 8 people, no one knows when or how the toaster short circuited.

It clearly caught fire, it has burn marks all over the top and the plastic casing is melted at the top. Of the 6 people who were home within the 6 hour timeframe between Lux and me leaving for her show jumping competition, and us getting home, not one single person knows how this mysterious thing happened to the toaster? Did the fire put itself out? Do our kitchen appliances know how to use fire blankets now? Well, they are pretty amazing if they do.

I am also pretty amazed that a 40 year old man is included in this list of six people. That and he was home for the entire six hours and can't even remember smelling something burning.

stjohnjulie

PF Addict
Aug 9, 2010
St. John, VI
Where do you buy your appliances? I think it would be a good idea for me to have self extinguishing appliances in my house since it is male dominated. :)

cybele

PF Addict
Feb 27, 2012
Australia
I'm imagining the kitchen in Beauty and the Beast right now, with dancing plates and cups when no one is looking.

This is the only logical explanation.

akmom

PF Fiend
May 22, 2012
United States
It probably ran out of stuff to burn and just stopped. We had a fire in our boiler room that put itself out, and no one even noticed until the heat went out.

cybele

PF Addict
Feb 27, 2012
Australia
That would be believable if there weren't a charred fire blanket on the bench next to it, haha.

My money in on Sunny. She's the best liar.

Father_0f_7

PF Addict
Aug 19, 2008
F.I., Florida
How in a house of 8 people, no one knows when or how the toaster short circuited.
That would be believable if there weren't a charred fire blanket on the bench next to it, haha.
When something like this happens in our house and everyone is just like "oh, wow, that's interesting. How did that happen?!" It means it was Billy or Kaitlyn....or me.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
LOL well that is very interesting indeed!

When we were kids, if something like that happened, or there was some kind of crime committed that could have been any of us (six kids), my mom would ground ALL of us until the real culprit would fess up. And trust me, they always did. lol

cybele

PF Addict
Feb 27, 2012
Australia
I got it out of Sash, that kid can be broken way too easily. Sunny did it (I WAS RIGHT!) he was in the kitchen at the time too and she gave him $5 not to tell anyone.

Sunny is in no trouble for the fire, shit happens and she extinguished it correctly. However she is in trouble for paying off her brother not to tell and for lying in the first place.

Shaun Austin

Banned
Oct 22, 2012
cybele said:
Nup, I told her she lost it. Theres a lesson in spending, don't invest your money in a lousy product.
I agree Cybele.

In our house if someone damages something I get them all lined up in the living room, then I ask them who did it, remain silent until someone owns up, give them the 'stare' if they crack up they're covering if they don't they usually start begging for their punishment. Except Callum he obviously got the acting genes off me. He usually charges about a tenner for his covering services and no one is willing to cough up that much in our family. Except Cameron so If i think Callum is covering for Cam then I sit cameron down and don't speak he usually owns up I then take the tenner off Callum for covering and buy Sam and Maddie a treat or two.

It works!

Adrian699

Mar 13, 2013
Toasters are pretty complicated little appliances, considering how simple they look from the outside.A short circuit happens whenever there is an unwanted direct connection between the two operated cables that serve your sites, or run within the cables from store to light, equipment, TV, etc., or within the device linked with the cable.
I agreed what is said above!!!