I survived the first year!...

parentastic

PF Fiend
Jul 22, 2011
Canada
Hello gang!

I am posting to share with some of you who have been seeing me here on this forum for a while now: today I just handed in the very last individual assignment for my Masters. I have survived the "boot camp" first year!

What's left ahead of me now is the massive final intervention project with a client system, which I will conduct over the next year, and a 2 day workshop my cohort and I are desiging, building up and eventually facilitating on the topic of resilience, for the largest school board here in the city. Both of these are now practicum, so all the theory part is now over! Whohoo!!! :D

I cannot even begin to say how CRAZY it has been to go through 8 courses at the graduate level, full time in a year, while also working full time... I am looking back like in a haze and I honestly don't know how I made it...

Just wanted to share the good news with you. :)

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Wow congrats! I'm very happy for you. :) Sounds like a lot of hard work, but also sounds like you kicked it's butt. Seriously, good for you and thank you for sharing. I always love a bit of good news. :)

parentastic

PF Fiend
Jul 22, 2011
Canada
Thank you everyone! :)

Akmom: it's a Masters in systemic intervention, within human groups (family, communities, organizations, teamwork, organizational development, culture, resistance and change, learning systems, coaching, process, action-science, knowledge-management, etc).

Fascinating stuff, but very challenging as it involves a lot of emotional stuff (to transform yourself and learn to see patterns in yourself and others) and an INSANE amount of reading and writing and research. :D

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
congrats parentastic! Sounds like you accomplished a major milestone. Good luck on the next steps.

parentastic

PF Fiend
Jul 22, 2011
Canada
IADad said:
congrats parentastic! Sounds like you accomplished a major milestone. Good luck on the next steps.
Thanks IADad!

BabyAngel said:
Bravo !! Pas facile une maîtrise !! J'y arriverai peut-être un jour ... en gestion dans mon cas !
Hey :) I didn't realize we live right next to each other :)
And you can do it too if you want - some of my cohort's members are also parents... (I don't know how they can do both, but they made it!)