I'm back. again...

Antoinette

PF Addict
Mar 2, 2010
Australia
Hi, it has been a while since i posted and i have some pictures of the newest addition to my family i would love to share with you but first lets talk about what i have been up to.

i have taken time off of work to bond with Felix and Alegra, and now of course my newest little one Mikaela. i have been having some issues with David (Felix and Alegra's dad) he has bought a house and had a child with his new partner and has now decided to challenge me to custody of Felix and Alegra. so far it is going fine and i have a lot of evidence on my side of him being unfit (such as leaving me when i was pregnant and only seeing Alegra a handful of times in the first year of her life) but he has been a lot more involved lately and has decided that since he makes more money than me he is more capable of looking after my children. but there is nothing much else i can really say on that i am doing absolutely everything i can to make sure it doesn't happen but unfortunately we never had a custody agreement before i had them mostly but let him see them whenever he wanted to.. I'm the idiot that assumed he would never do this.

anyway, onto more pleasant news. on Wednesday the 17th of October i gave birth a perfect baby girl. Mikaela Adele. she was 7 pounds 9 ounces at birth but is now down to 6 pounds 11 ounces. she is amazing (especially after my last 2) she hardly cries at all, she wakes up a bit at night but no more than any other new born she was breastfeeding correctly from the very first time and she is just perfect in every way. Felix fell in love with her straight away but i am having a few issues with Alegra who has been trying to hit her when she thinks i am not looking but i think that is probably just because she is used to being the youngest where as Felix has done this all before lol. this has been a much better age gap for me. Felix was so young when Alegra was born it was practically like having twins.. anyway i can't really think of anything else to write and i have probably already overloaded your brains with information. look in the family album for pictures of Mikaela

Antoinette

PF Addict
Mar 2, 2010
Australia
oh yeah, just to show you how much time flies, Felix will be 4 in December. Alegra will be 3 in March and Mikaela is 7 days old

bssage

Super Moderator
Oct 20, 2008
Iowa
Its nice to see you back. You and the kids look great.

Your never an idiot for having the kids best interest at heart. And I think that was your intent with the lax visitation structure. The same can not be said for someone who attempts to exploit your kindness.

Rock on and share some stories.

Bryan

mom2many

Super Moderator
Jul 3, 2008
melba, Idaho
I agree that putting the kids first does not make you an idiot. If he had any brains he'd pay a little more in child support if he wa that concerned with their well being.

Welcome back!

akmom

PF Fiend
May 22, 2012
United States
Congratulations!

Maybe you can sit Alegra on the sofa with a pillow and let her hold the baby, and tell her what a good job she is doing. Take advantage of the infant grasp reflex to get Mikaela to hold Alegra's hand, and tell her the baby likes her. If you use a bottle at all, perhaps you could supervise letting Alegra feeding her and tell her what a good helper she is. Both my kids really thrived on being told they were good helpers with the baby, and that the new baby liked them.

ikon99

PF Enthusiast
Oct 15, 2012
Arizona
Custody battles. Please get a family matters lawyer. Don't try and fight this legal battle by your self. And welcome back. Oh, by the way. My name is Kevin and i am a soon to be step father to a 5 y/o girl and a 9 y/o boy.