I'm worried about this pregnancy...

oldmothertobe

Mar 9, 2008
Canada
I am forty years old so I am a bit worried about being pregnant at this time of life. There were some difficulties with my son when he was born, but the doctors have reassured me that it shouldn't happen this time. However, I still can't help but worry. I am having twins this time and there has been a lot of stressful times. I am following the doctors orders strictly but sometimes I just have a bad feeling. I didn't feel the twins kicking as early as I did with the other two. I'm so nervous that they won't be healthy. I feel the same way I did when I realized I was pregnant with Hannah. SHe was my first but I didn't feel nervous with Jake. Now I feel as nervous as a new mother. I never thought I would have another baby and not at forty.

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
WEll first congrats on having twins! How exciting and scary just because of that!!!

As far as the other stuff, I think it is normal to feel scared and worried and all of that. I will say a prayer for you though, both for ease of mind and for all the bad stuff to stay away!! Enjoy your babies inside of you while you can

Skyburning

PF Fiend
Oct 6, 2007
Mississippi
I think you probably didn't/ don't feel them kick as soon because with twins both babies are smaller than a bigger baby that has more oomph behind his kicks.

Listen to the doctors and relax and enjoy the pregnancy :D

jrrsmom

PF Fiend
Nov 10, 2007
My mother was 45 when she had me. I was her 2nd child. The doctors actually wanted to abort me because they were for sure I would have numerous health issues. I was born perfectly healthy. Depending on who you ask I am totally normal. :p

ivybendorf

PF Enthusiast
Mar 2, 2008
Oklahoma
**HUGS**

You have every right to be nervous. If I was doing something again for the first time in 15 yrs, you bet it would feel like the first time again! Pregnancy is always a little scary, especially twins. But truth be told, most pregnancies go off without a hitch. You are already making it as easy as possible by listening to the doctors. They know what will make everything go smoother. The only thing I can really tell you to make it easier is to worry a little less and enjoy it a little more! I absolutely loved being pregnant, feeling that little life in me grow stronger everyday and then welcoming it into my arms. And how lucky for you to have 2! You get to bond with these two beautiful blessings like no one else, and you love them so much that you worry everyday for them.

Just take a deep breath, relax, and let your babies do their thing. They know what they need, and between them and the doctors and your love, everything will work out like it should.

parentinzen

PF Regular
Mar 9, 2008
Congrats on having twins! I can imagine your nervousness, and also your joy about having new babies around. Two thing I did that helped calm me down during my pregnancy. First I looked into meditation. It isn't crazy hard to do, and it isn't as "new age" as it sounds. All it is, is just relaxing your body for a while. If nothing else, it will help you to concentrate on the positive things for a short period of time. I was at first reluctant to try it, but was so glad I did after I got going. Just search under meditation, and there are lots of sites that can help you learn.
The other thing I would do is look into fetal monitors. That way you can hear your babys' heartbeats whenever you want to. This helped me for the first few months and calmed me down a bit when I was nervous. I didn't use it that often, but just when I needed some reassurance.

Hope that helps!
-Amy
http://www.parentingzen.com