Infant shoes...

jrrsmom

PF Fiend
Nov 10, 2007
I have been trying to find shoes for my almost 11 month old daughter who is NOT walking yet. I found one paid I liked. They are Nike crib shoes. Only problem...they were white. Not anymore! So...I've looked high and low and I can't find any that aren't the moccasin looking ones. I have been trying to find some soft soled crib shoes that look like shoes. If I don't find something soon I'm starting up a business!

:yes:

If there is any place online or a store that anyone knows of I would greatly appreciate it.

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
I usually find cute ones for Logan at the childrens place, they have an online store too

jrrsmom

PF Fiend
Nov 10, 2007
They do have some cute ones but does everyone think little girls should only wear pink? Drives me crazy! I just want a brown pair of soft soled Mary Jane looking shoes. I found a pair but they were $45! She won't wear them long enough otherwise I would buy them. Grrrrr!

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
yeah, it's hard to find really cute ones that aren't way to much $$$ to spend on shoes for a baby

Kim

PF Fiend
Apr 3, 2007
St. Louis, MO
Here you go!

http://www.target.com/Pre-Walk-Girls-Circo-Sapphire-Janes/dp/B000JJL44I/qid=1199287571/ref=br_1_1/601-8167881-9136905?ie=UTF8&node=16404381&frombrowse=1&index=tgt-mf-mv&field-browse=16404381&rank=pmrank&rh=&page=7[/url]

wildrose

PF Regular
Oct 28, 2007
Do you really find it necessary to put her in shoes at all? Doctors say that bare feet is the best for foot development and that young children should only wear soft soled shoes when they are in a situation that they may be walking on a dirty or sharp surface.

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
pre-walk at target are very soft.

Wildrose- I agree about not wearing shoes, Nihcole only wore the maccasin style ones until she was walking outside a lot. Even then we did soft sole till she cold really walk. (18 months) I stil make sure that her shoes are easily bent. As long as you are not putting on cement bottom ones lol. Name brand as much as I hate paying for them usually are better quality shoes. Stride rite and the such have good support in their shoes

wildrose

PF Regular
Oct 28, 2007
Quote:
Name brand as much as I hate paying for them usually are better quality shoes. Stride rite and the such have good support in their shoes

But there is my point exactly, babies do not need support. They need nothing more than something to protect their skin from cuts and scrapes. In fact, walking bear foot on uneven surfaces like grass and sand helps them to build strong muscle structure.

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
wildrose said:
Quote:
Name brand as much as I hate paying for them usually are better quality shoes. Stride rite and the such have good support in their shoes

But there is my point exactly, babies do not need support. They need nothing more than something to protect their skin from cuts and scrapes. In fact, walking bear foot on uneven surfaces like grass and sand helps them to build strong muscle structure.[/quote/]

I think what she is saying is that they have good support for the older children/toddlers who do need it...at a certain point is important to have good shoes on your childs feet

wildrose

PF Regular
Oct 28, 2007
For an older child yes, absolutely. But this topic began as a conversation about shoes for a child who is not yet walking.

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
wildrose said:
Quote:

But there is my point exactly, babies do not need support. They need nothing more than something to protect their skin from cuts and scrapes. In fact, walking bear foot on uneven surfaces like grass and sand helps them to build strong muscle structure.[/quote/]

I think what she is saying is that they have good support for the older children/toddlers who do need it...at a certain point is important to have good shoes on your childs feet
exactly. I said the sock shoes (maccasin (sp)) styles are best for non walkers but when they walk they need shoes. Even when they are toddling they need shoes. I couldn't imagine letting my 12 month old walk around the park in soft sole shoes. Too many people through glass and such down and that can injure their feet more so then any shoe can.[/quote]

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
wildrose said:
For an older child yes, absolutely. But this topic began as a conversation about shoes for a child who is not yet walking.
yes it did...you're right but things kinda have a way of taking on a life of their own around here...lol :)

jrrsmom

PF Fiend
Nov 10, 2007
I want soft soled only. I have looked at the moccasins but they look like well moccasins. lol

She has a pair of Nike that are soft soled. I put them on her for numerous reasons. One being the weather and my husband works in a factory and brings home little pieces of metal. As much as I sweep I have gotten them in my foot before. I sweep and mop everyday but the little boogers come out of nowhere. We have hard wood floors and the shoes give her more grip. Another reason, they are just so darn CUTE!! :)