Internet chatting......

.:Kalli Rae:.

PF Fiend
Apr 18, 2008
Rapid City SD
Has anyone had any experiences with internet chatting? </SIZE>[/FONT]

My husband just left about 3 days ago, I kicked him out of the house, because of internet chatting. Well that was the straw that broke the camels back anyway. I found out that he was having an "affair" with someone he met through a game he played called World of Warcraft. I printed off one of the conversations he had and gave it to him when I told him he is no longer allowed in my house. He told me he didn't think it was cheating, and that "He came to me first, if its any consolation". I nearly hit him! I was so angry! </SIZE>[/FONT]

I just wanted to know if anyone else has had any bad experiences with internet chatting, I think it happens alot but I don't know for sure and it would definately feel better to not feel so alone in this.</SIZE>[/FONT]

PF Fiend
Apr 18, 2008
Rapid City SD
What details do you need? I am pretty open, I figure I didn't do anything wrong so I am not embarassed to explain.

But yeah, seriously, that is how my marriage fell apart. :(

I don't know if I can get into the details of their conversation because it was pretty racy and I don't want to get in trouble with the moderators. I can tell you it was the type of conversation you would have with a lover whom you are very comfortable with.

jtee

Banned
Jun 24, 2007
Kalli,If you feel the private IM is too graphic to be posted publicly or you don't want to post it publicly, you can use PMs or email to communicate with other parents. Being that this a parenting forum, we would prefer that anything too 'racy' not be posted publicly, thx :)

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
I guess I wouldn't consider it cheating if it were just words on the computer. I've never done it myself and I don't think my dh has. If he did more power to him. If they were to meet in person then I would have a huge problem.
Also NO pics could be sent.

PF Fiend
Apr 18, 2008
Rapid City SD
musicmom said:
I guess I wouldn't consider it cheating if it were just words on the computer. I've never done it myself and I don't think my dh has. If he did more power to him. If they were to meet in person then I would have a huge problem.
Also NO pics could be sent.
They used a webcam.

AnKsMommy

PF Fanatic
Dec 17, 2007
Japan
Yup, this is why I get on World of Warcraft whenever my dh is on. I keep some tabs on him.

I do consider that cheating btw. Exchanging words and even more so video with each other is still cheating.

*hugs* I hope you'll be okay. I'll be thinking of you.

Music-dad

PF Addict
Apr 22, 2008
Right here. Right now.
Thanks for the deets...I think you did the right thing, now that I know that it was basically full blown cybersex, and the level it has got to (webcam).

No doubt in my mind that eventually they would want to meet in person.

I wish you all the best.

Ari2

PF Fiend
Jan 7, 2008
A good friend of mine who has been married for quite a while met someone through another MMRPG. They started out chatting with the in-game PMing, moved on to talking through Ventrilo, and ended up cybering - definitely Rated X. The guy wanted her to get a webcam and also wanted her address and phone number. That is when she came to her sense and stopped.

She didn't tell her husband, and I'm sure she still hasn't as they are continue to be married. It was definitely cheating, IMO. I also think it was a sign that the marriage needed help: The guy online filled a need that wasn't being met. She talked about this guy all the time when they were in contact and had been pretty unhappy with her husband before this.

That was a couple of years ago, and they now have a son. I often wonder if things got better (her husband is a kind man but distant and socially withdrawn) or if she just decided to stay married.

I'm sorry to hear about this, Kalli. With the explosion of WoW, online phoning like Skype, webcams, texting, etc., I'm sure you are not alone. It probably happens a lot.

PF Fiend
Apr 18, 2008
Rapid City SD
Thank you all for the kind words. I guess I knew it could end up X Rated chatting but I would never do that and so I assumed he wouldn't.

What a kick in the face... :rolleyes: Oh well.

I just don't understand why he would throw 5 yrs away for a <I>that</I>? It couldn't be that good/fun. Definately not worth it, IMO but thats just me, ya know? I guess I will just never know what makes guys like that tick.

I am going to focus all of my energy on making sure me and the kids are happy and healthy...summer is almost here! I have realized that I haven't done anything wrong, I did all I could to make him happy but it wasn't what needed to happen. I am better than that, I am better than letting him bring me down.

He actually called me materialistic because I want to buy a house! Anyway, thank you all for listening to me and making me feel welcome! :eek:

HappyMomma

PF Addict
Mar 7, 2008
Wylie, TX
I'm sorry to hear that.

Good Wolf and I know someone that found his wife doing the same thing on one of those (can't remember if it was WOW or another one.)

It was the cause of their divorce as well.