Is He to old?...

unmanaged

PF Enthusiast
Jan 26, 2008
fallon said:
the problem with that is your child will expect an expensive prize everytime they do something they are suppose to do. Rewards should be saved for something special they do. As children school is their job...when is the last time you boss bought you a car for filing paperwork?
Positive reinforcement doesn't always have to be in the form of something material. Sometimes praise about little good things that your child has done can be enough. In this case I would say that with four months left of school, it would silly to start taking away privelages. You do not want a child that hates you, and if you take away to much in desperation this might well happen.

twistertiger

PF Enthusiast
Jan 29, 2008
Bay Area, California
unmanaged said:
Positive reinforcement doesn't always have to be in the form of something material. Sometimes praise about little good things that your child has done can be enough. In this case I would say that with four months left of school, it would silly to start taking away privelages. You do not want a child that hates you, and if you take away to much in desperation this might well happen.
i completely agree with unmanaged because nonmatirial things can be even more precious. maybe instead you could take them out to dinner or spend bonding time with them, you know play a board game ride bikes play with toys together.