Is this my fault?...

Teresa

PF Fiend
Feb 2, 2007
Ohio
Good point, Laura......shouldn't that be spelled Melanie? Wonder if HER mother was uneducated and had no clue how to spell it CORRECTLY????????

mrspineau

PF Regular
Feb 13, 2008
Canada
Okay okay, I need to ask this question.... what is a troll? I have heard this before on other message boards, and I feel so in the dark. please enlighten me?

to answer the op, I think it was extremely rude of you. If a parent is calling you and then spells out their children's names for you, clearly that is how she has chosen to spell them and that is her choice. What do you care?
It's a name. there is no correct/incorrect spelling. all names had to have been made up by someone at some point.

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
hannah's mommy said:
A troll is just a person that posts to cause trouble.
yep :) ...they will try to bait memebers into fights just to get a few laughs. It's pretty easy to spot one after a couple strange posts

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
I think it's pathedically sad that anyone has to come on board and pretend to be someone they are not. I really do not get the point. Especially if you are a moderator. That should be automatic ban!
This person Melyne could be serious and just venting. I don't see what she could get out of it or how it would even stir this board up. It was just a random out of the blue post. Just odd.

AnKsMommy

PF Fanatic
Dec 17, 2007
Japan
Yea, I think it was kind of rude. Some mom's just want the names to be different...I don't see anything wrong in that.

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
I agree, I named my kids different names for the soul purpose of I wanted them to be individuals as much as possible. There are tons of Brittany's and Joe's and Samantha's etc. I didn't spell them different but putting a Y in names was like the fad a long while ago.
I would NEVER NEVER NEVER make fun of someone's childs name. Why would you? Especially when you can't spell yourself. lmao

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
I heard this man named his kid ESPN I thought that was cool. I almost named my son that. I like last names as first names.

meow_173

PF Addict
Jan 3, 2008
Hamilton, Ontario
melynie said:
A few days ago at work I was reprimanded for allegedly being rude to a customer over the phone.
The customer, a mother of young children was signing up for an account with us which involved me recording all the names of her family members.
She spelt out the names of her children to me:

Aymee, Rebeka, Kylee

I was confused because the names were pronounced exactly as:

Amy, Rebecca, Kylie

I politely told the lady that she had mispelt the names.
She then went off her brain at me.

I don't understand why a mother would deliberately mispell her kid's names. She must have been poorly educated and can't spell correctly - or is it that she's trying to be different - just like everybody else!

I don't see why I had to get in trouble for the customer not being able to spell.

Did it not occurr to you that names are spelt differently all the time? For instance my name Katherine can be spelt: Catherine, Catharine, Cathyrn, Katharine, kathyrn.

I think it was extremly rude of you to correct her of HER CHILDS name...