italian girsl...

superman

PF Fiend
Aug 23, 2010
Canada
i started seeing this Italian chick...god daaaaamn. Lol i was warned when i started seeing her. She has me on a leash man, dont even talk about flirting with another girl..

Im going insane. anyone have a similar experience??
:wacko:

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
lol that's cool Superman. I don't know, can't say that I have, but my DH is Sicilian so I guess I partially know what you're talking about but different! lol

stjohnjulie

PF Addict
Aug 9, 2010
St. John, VI
My ex is Italian. He has a terrible temper.:mad: I don't understand people with that much anger in them and it sucked living with him. Not saying all Italians are like this....but for some reason....the angry Italians I have met seem to be proud of their tempers or use their Italian-ness as an excuse for their outbursts.

Antoinette

PF Addict
Mar 2, 2010
Australia
my sisters husband is italian. he is quite jealous but isn't angry or anything.

my Ex David was born in Africa, he wasn't angry just an a$$ hole in general but i don't think its cause he is african i think he really just was an A$$ hole

NancyM

PF Addict
Jul 2, 2010
New York
Hey Superman, I'm a second generation American, my parents were born here but their parents born in Italy.
So, I'm Italian on both sides, I'm not a jealous or possessive woman because I figured that if my boyfriends (in the past) or even husband considered cheating on me, I wouldn't want that kind of person in my life and I'd rather toss him to the curb, I wouldn't waste my time fighting over him. Even after 29 yrs of marriage.

Like every culture you have A$$holes, and people with 'bad tempers' or worse. They come in all shapes, sizes and colors. Please don't judge us by those stupid TV shows ... I would never associate myself with such low lives. (such as Jersey Shore) Even Italy doesn't welcome them there.

The Italian families I've been raised with are wonderful people, just as proud of their heritage as anyone else, their warm, and loyal to one another and their friends.

We're a little dramatic, ok and maybe a little loud, and I've clashed with a few obnoxious types myself, but we're also passionate and generally family orientated as well. More than I can say for some people regardless of their nationality.

In short, if your lucky enough to become involved with a nice person, from a decent respectable family (who just happen to be Italian lol) than your ahead of the game, because today it seems like it's hard to find that. I tell my son to look closely at the "FAMILY" you marry into as well as the girl, because you MARRY THEM ALL!! and they will always be in your life.

I also tell him, and you may laugh, Super, but the best way to check them all out is at a family BBQ. Really. BBQ's are different than other parties and somehow everyone shows their best and worse side!

Just wanted to add that. lol

superman

PF Fiend
Aug 23, 2010
Canada
hahaha you give the best advice i swear klmao.... nah yeah im not saying tis a bad thing... i kinda like it in a weird way even though her posssiveness is a buzz kill sometimes lol.